The LTE Group is a national, public-sector learning, training and education organisation with a clearly defined mission to 'improve lives and economic success through learning and skills'. Our valued 4,000 colleagues drive our delivery of specialist learning to over 100,000 learners in over 120 UK locations, across our six businesses.
We have a great opportunity to join our Education team as a Trainer - Waste Recycling for Novus, our prison education provider at HMP Moorland, on a permanent, full time (37 hours per week) basis.
At Novus we work with passion, care and commitment to create the foundations for change.
For almost 30 years we have been helping men, women and children of all ages and abilities, in prison settings across England and Wales, to take new directions.
The LTE Group family encompasses the strengths of each of our individual organisations:
The Manchester College - further education
UCEN Manchester - higher education
Novus - prison education
Total People - apprenticeships
MOL - professional development.
What the role entails
We are looking for a passionate individual who has experience in the industry and wants to share this knowledge with adult learners aged 21 and above. As the Trainer, you will be responsible for delivering high quality, learner-focused cleaning training, supporting the learners' needs to progress through the course and achieve a qualification in a vocational setting.
We will support you at all times in your development, providing a comprehensive induction programme where you will shadow other Trainers in their roles; a week-long prison specific induction; help for you to gain teaching and assessing qualifications (if not already held); and assign an experienced member of the team to be your buddy.
What we need from you
In order to be successful in the role of Waste RecyclingTrainer, you will need:
- A flexible approach to working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to track and monitor learner progress against course criteria.
- At least 2 years' experience in the relevant vocational area
- Willingness to gain an Award in Education & Training within 6 months
- Commitment to gain a subject-specific qualification to allow them to train to Level 3, within 2 years
- Commitment to gain an assessor award required by relevant Awarding Bodies, within one year
- Hold at least a Level 1 qualification in Literacy and Numeracy or be willing to commit to gaining the qualification(s) within 1 year.
- Gain, hold and maintain a clean, enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
Ideally you will want to be a part of a team who has at its core a focus on improving lives and enabling and equipping learners to develop, grow and be equipped for a life of work and success. You'll be a self-starter with a passion to learn and grow yourself and will bring passion, dedication and positivity to your new role.
As part of the LTE Group family, you will benefit from an excellent package including:
- Excellent annual leave entitlement
- In-house 'Evolve' training programme offers you the chance to upskill and further your career through a wide range of recognised qualifications.
- Career development opportunities.
- We pride ourselves on offering a favourable pension scheme with a competitive contribution from the Group. (Teachers' Pensions).
- Discounts on your health care through Simply Health.
- Free, confidential support service provided by an external organisation, PAM Assist.
- Cycle to work scheme saving you 25% on your purchase.
- Access to lots of offers with well-known retailers.
The LTE Group is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community. If you feel you could make a difference in this rewarding and growing sector, please click on the 'Apply online' button below.
All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the job description for shortlisting purposes.
The closing date for this job advert is 29th November 2022. However, the job advert may close early if we receive a good response.