At Novus, we are now seeking ICT professionals to join the education team at HMP Hull as Trainer on a Permanent, part-time role working 16.5 hours per week.
In this role, you will work and be supported by our amazing team of dedicated professionals to mentor our learners to develop their practical ICT skills which will, in turn, help them to secure employment opportunities post-release. You will need patience, passion and understanding in your approach to our learners who have ‘hit a bump in the road’ but want to learn and improve. Working in a prison is different to a mainstream education facility.
We operate with security at the forefront of what we do, so our class sizes are small to maximise supportive delivery. To aid this you also will be supported by Learning Support Practitioners who will support with one to one when required. Our security team are on hand to ensure the lessons run smoothly. We always try to cater to a learner's individual needs and ensure we create a positive learner experience. Time will be given to planning and your local education manager is always on hand to provide support as and when needed.
Delivery happens between Monday and Friday and weekends are strictly for rest and relaxation.
What we need from you
To be successful in the role of Trainer in ICT, you will need:
- Flexible approach to working in a fast-paced environment
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Having the ability to track and monitor learners' progress against course criteria. Support will then be given to make sure you are on the right track with this.
- Have at least 2 years of experience working as an ICT professional
- Willing to gain an Award in Education within 6 months
- Being willing to work toward educational qualifications that will support your delivery
- Willing to gain an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
As part of the LTE Group family, Novus colleagues will benefit from an excellent package including:
- Extensive annual leave which can be taken throughout the year and not restricted to school holiday times
- Monday to Friday working pattern
- Our in-house ‘Evolve’ training programme, which offers you the chance to upskill and further your career through a wide range of recognised qualifications
- We support you through a teacher training qualification and assessor qualifications
- Full package of training to support working in a Prison environment
- Good progression routes into management positions within education
- Learner class sizes are much smaller than in FE colleges
- Able to be flexible and innovative with the curriculum
- Part of the wider community of the prison service
- Additional behavioural and complex need support
- We pride ourselves on offering a favourable pension scheme with a competitive contribution from the Group of up to 24% of your salary.
- Our comprehensive in-house awards scheme
- An Employee Assistance Programme including a free, confidential, 24/7 support service
- Health care discounts through Simply Health
- Retail discounts through You at Work
At Novus, we work with passion, care and commitment to create the foundations for change. For almost 30 years we have been helping men, women and children of all ages and abilities, in prison settings across England and Wales, to take new directions. We operate 50 hubs in the United Kingdom where our specialist teams are on hand to support Adults and Children to improve their employability prospects post-release
Novus is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community. We work to support our Veterans in employment and are also proud holders of the Disability Confident employer award. If you have reasonable adjustments, please let us know.
The closing date for this job advert is 20th February 2023. However, the job advert may close early if we receive a good response.