Trainee Lecturer in Engineering - Business - IT
(Full time, 36 hours per week, through the year)
Stanmore College is working in partnership with the Education and Training Foundation to deliver the Taking Teaching Further Programme. It is a Department for Education funded recruitment initiative to attract experienced industry professionals to teach in the Further Education (FE) and Training Sector.
The programme’s long-term aims are to:
- Raise the profile and prestige of FE teaching, particularly among industry professionals
- Increase the overall number of skilled technical teaching roles by helping providers to support experienced industry professionals with the training that they require to become FE teachers.
Applicants have the potential to improve outcomes for learners through their understanding of the latest skills, techniques, approaches and equipment that set the standards within their respective sectors.
The College is seeking applicants from the following areas:
Business – IT - Engineering
If you wish to pursue this opportunity applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be an industry professional – defined as an individual who has worked for a minimum of two years in their area of vocation and is, at the time of applying to become an FE teacher, still working in that same industry, or has been within the past 18 months. In this instance applicants should have industry experience in Business, IT or Engineering.
- Not yet hold a substantive teaching qualification, i.e., a Level 5 Teaching Qualification (DET) or equivalent/higher level teaching qualification;
- Not already be working in a predominantly training/assessing/teaching post
We look forward to your application and to welcome you into a job role that gives unparallel fulfilment.
A relevant degree or professional qualification is required.
Salary: Band F&G, points 17 – 24, £23,785 - £28,542 per annum