Full Time - Fixed Term Contract (24 months) - High Wycombe & Chesham
Salary - £27,396 - £30,619
Buckinghamshire New University is an ambitious, modern university that is always open to fresh ideas and thinking. We believe in the transformative power of education, and in doing the right thing by our students, people and local community. That’s why our BNU community is a special place to work and study, and where people who want to make a difference can contribute and succeed.
Our University’s DRIVE values are at the heart of all that we do. We are united in being dynamic, responsible, inclusive, visionary and empowering to ensure that we provide the best experience to our learners and offer excellent service to our partners and to each other as colleagues.
BNU continues to experience rapid growth in student numbers, making us one of the fastest-growing higher education providers. This is an exciting time to join the University as we invest significantly in estate developments and welcome Jay Blades MBE as our inaugural Chancellor.
Through the Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP), you will be working together with The Oasis Partnership and Buckinghamshire New University’s School of Business and Law.
You will be based for most of the time at the business partner’s premises in Chesham, Buckinghamshire, The Bagnall Project, 71-79 Waterside, HP5 1PE but will be employed by Buckinghamshire New University for the duration of the project. Members of the BNU’s School of Business and Law will provide academic and technical support throughout the project and you will have access to the university’s facilities when required.
You will receive a training and development package worth £4,000, to be spent according to your needs and project requirements, focussed on helping you work effectively on the KTP, and to plan for your future career.
What we offer:
- a generous holiday entitlement (30 days per annum, plus bank holidays & closure days)
- training & development support opportunities
- contributory pension scheme
- discounted gym membership for our on-site gym
- a range of staff discounts with major retailers.
If you have the qualities and attributes representative of the University’s values and ambition, we would be delighted to hear from you.
For further information about this role please contact: Anh Nghiem via Anh.Nghiem@bnu.ac.uk or Jenni Parker via firstname.lastname@example.org .
All applications are to be made in full and online. Buckinghamshire New University is proud to have a diverse community and a strong track record of inclusion. Our aim is to continue to build an environment where everyone thrives and can be themselves. We therefore ensure that our interview/shortlisting Chairs complete the relevant e-learning and/or inclusive recruitment training.
Closing Date: 19 March 2023
Interview Date: 22-24 March 2023
If you are successful in securing an interview for the role, you will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
At Buckinghamshire New University equality of opportunity and diversity is at the heart of all we do and fully integrated into our values. Our aim is to create an inclusive environment where everyone thrives and feels a sense of belonging. We are committed to diversity and welcome applications from different backgrounds and experiences.
Buckinghamshire New University is a Disability Confident employer and as such you will be given the opportunity to declare a disability as part of the application process.
The University is also committed to achieving the Race Equality Charter.
Job Title: Strategic Business Development & Innovation Manager – KTP Associate - Fixed Term 24 months
Faculty/Directorate: Business & Law
Grade: E £26,396 - £29,619
Location: High Wycombe Campus & Chesham
Responsible to: Dr Anh Nghiem
Responsible for: N/A
The vision for the KTP project, a partnership between Buckinghamshire New University and The Oasis Partnership is to equip the business partner with the capabilities required to launch, manage, and continue to develop new commercial services, which will build on recent emerging experience, and which will be fully designed and developed during the project.
The management KTP will develop two commercial models to be launched, each supported
by five-year business plans: The Destination Café Model and The Oasis Business Partnership (OBP) Model.
For BNU, working with a charity through the KTP scheme fits strategically with our community and civic aims as a university.
Main Duties & Responsibilities of the role:
- The Associate will work with the Business Partner Supervisor (BPS) to establish a cross-functional project team who will be integral to achieving the outputs of the project throughout;
- The Associate will research external local and national trends in the charity sector, and with the support of the BPS will meet with key external stakeholders;
- The Associate will analyse current staffing levels and outputs and review current demand for services and produce evaluation reports to indicate level of service delivery in relation to expectations from funders;
- The associate will be responsible for implementing and monitoring all the stages of the 24 months project, under the supervision of the BNU academic supervisor;
- The Associate will behave with integrity and transparency, take ownership and be accountable for own work and collaborate well with colleagues;
- The Associate will respect and value every member of the team and promote an inclusive culture;
- The Associate will strive for continuous improvement and set aspirational goals;
- The associate is expected to attend the KTP specific training and development programmes within their contracted hours;
- Comply with the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR; Health and Safety; and Equality and Diversity requirements and legislation in all working practices;
- Such other duties temporarily or on a continuing basis, as may reasonably be required;
for more information and more on the Job description, please visit our website.