Job Title: Science Apprenticeship Assessor
Employment Term: Permanent, full time
Salary: up to £36,000 per annum, plus bonus and company profit share scheme
Estimated Start Date: Mar 2023
TDR is a leading source of advice, support and training for Engineering, Manufacturing and Science. Our Apprenticeship programmes provide the most thorough grounding and strongest possible foundation for anyone committed to developing a rewarding career in STEM.
We have an exciting new opportunity to work within all areas of TDR’s operational team, developing and delivering training in line with business requirements. Working with apprentices and employers within the Engineering and Science sector, taking responsibility for the development of apprentices and support them through various aspects of their training.
Main job responsibilities:
- Provide a structured and appropriate development plan for apprentices enabling them to maximise their full potential in line with Apprenticeship Standards requirements.
- Monitor and deliver knowledge, skills and behaviours in line with individual apprenticeship requirements.
- Meet apprentices and employers on a regular basis to review progress on the apprenticeship programme and agree targets and actions to ensure apprentices remain on track to achieving a timely completion.
- Develop and deliver training for Apprenticeships and TDR’s Commercial Training Portfolio.
- Support inductions and skills development of apprentices by delivering technical and practical training and facilitating skills sessions.
- Work with apprentices and employers to document evidence of progress in an efficient and effective manner using tools such as OneFile e-portfolio system.
- Support the induction of new apprentices and employers in the creation of programme pathways and administration of the sign-up process.
- Supporting the reporting of progress and associated data collection requirements.
- Support the ongoing administration of the apprenticeship programme for your learners, including course bookings and exam results.
- Work with the IQA to implement new processes and approaches to supporting apprentices to enhance the quality of on-programme support.
- Contribute towards learner gateway reviews and support and guide them through the end point assessment phase to ensure target retention and completion rates for Apprenticeships are met.
- Hold a minimum of Level 3 Qualification in Science subjects.
- Have up to date knowledge and experience of the Science industry.
- Good at Microsoft office software.
- Be flexible and self-motivated with a passion for learner achievement and a commitment to quality.
- Experience with NVQ and BTEC qualifications
- Hold assessing qualification or teaching qualifications (or willing to work towards).
- Hold Internal Verification qualification.
- Health and Safety accreditation and Project Management Skills.
This is a full time, permanent position subject to a satisfactory DBS check. Training will be provided as necessary.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £36,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
- Performance bonus
- Yearly bonus
- Diploma of Higher Education (preferred)
- Science industrial: 3 years (preferred)
- Training & development: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 28/02/2023
Expected start date: 01/03/2023