Job Title: Quality Assurance Officer (EPAO / Awarding)
Location: Remote with travel 1-2 times per month to York (must be commutable within one day)
Salary: £30,000 – £33,000 plus bonus
Type: Full Time Permanent
Working on behalf of a leading end point assessment and awarding organisation, the role will be dual focused, involving leading on quality for a portfolio of apprenticeship standards alongside quality assurance of qualification centres. You will be supporting a fantastic team of end point assessors to deliver accurate EPA on time, as well as contributing to standardisation and enhancement. The role will also involve working closely with the Director of Quality and Regulation on centre approvals, monitoring, EQA liaison and development of online management and governance resources.
The role would be largely remote, with only occasional travel to York required for team meetings.
The opportunity would be ideal either for someone already working in an EPAO quality role or someone looking to move from quality assurance or an IQA role within a training provider, college or university.
This organisation is growing, with plenty of opportunities to progress. They have a strong benefits package and a close knit team with lots of support on offer to develop.
- Checking compliance on allocated standards, ensuring EPAs have completed processes correctly in a timely fashion. Completion of standard moderation process for compliance, results consistency and escalations
- Auditing documentation completed by EPAs and Standards Quality Moderators (SQM) to ensure compliance with regulations and Assessment Plan with the correct timescales
- Liaise with quality team to investigate and resolve queries. Carry out agree sampling for EPA assessors, qualifications and centre risk ratings
- Manage EQA annual plan for centre management under the guidance of the Director of Quality & Regulation
- Work with the Quality and Compliance Auditor to complete reviews of EPA risk ratings on a quarterly basis
- Assisting the Head of Quality and Compliance to ensure policies and procedures are compliant and up to date
- Ensuring corrective actions are implemented and recommending improvements. Conducting investigations.
- Responding to customer complaints, participating in the internal audit programme and jointly monitoring the quality inbox.
- Supporting external quality assurance audits on all standards
- Liaison with other teams such as product development, EPA operations and customer service to support the business
- Support with the development of Creatio system for qualifications and end point assessment
- Deliver training on Creatio to EPAs and SQMs and external customers as required (full training given if required)
- Experience of working in an quality assurance role within the training industry, such as an IQA
- Level 4 quality assurance qualification
- Certificate in Education or level 4 training and development qualification or similar, ensuring
- Understanding and experience in managing external contractors to deliver a high quality service
- Experience using learner managing standardisation, moderation activity and reporting
- Knowledge of the further education skills arena and provision including significant knowledge of training, assessment, delivery and quality assurance
- Strong IT skills
- Enhanced DBS
- Experience of regulatory and inspectorate audit
- Apprenticeship and Ofqual standards
- Experience of EQA in qualifications
- Ability to demonstrate experience of flexibility and adaptability
- Self sufficiency
- Must be an excellent communicator who is learner and quality focused.
- Organisational skills are a must, as well as the ability to plan your time effectively
- Ability to build collaborative relationships based on trust and respect
If you feel that you fit the above criteria, please don’t hesitate to apply here today! This role will be subject to background verification checks including right to work, referencing and police checks. Further details can be shared on application or request.