Shape real change with an NCFE career
Imagine a career where your contributions affect not only what people learn, but the way that learning is developed and delivered. NCFE is a place where employees not only make a positive social impact – influencing the lives of thousands of learners – but where you will have the opportunity to influence the way we work and directly shape our future direction.
With over 170 years of education experience our core purpose remains at the heart of the organisation – to promote and advance learning to create a fairer, more inclusive society. We have built a high-performance workplace culture, backed by a strong set of values and behaviours, to ensure we’re working together as one organisation to make sure no learner is left behind.
About the role
We're excited to be looking for an experienced administrator to join us as a Quality Assurance Administrator in the Assessment Delivery Team:
The Quality Assurance team is responsible for managing and maintaining the integrity of the assessment processes of all NCFE and CACHE qualifications, both in-house and at our approved centres. We work with a number of teams during the assessment process supporting the development and design of assessment through to the delivery and examination stages.
The Quality Assurance Administrator will:
- Ensure accurate, efficient delivery of QA processes to ensure delivery of exceptional customer service along with meeting internal and external timescales (processes specific to assessment requirements)
- Generate, proof-read, and distribute important documentation in accordance with set instructions and SLAs.
- Check information provided by the customer to make sure it is complete and accurate.
- Proactively identify areas of external assessment paper non-compliance and proactively follow those up to successful closure.
- Scan and arrange secure storage of external assessment papers.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Proactively contact external customers and / or workers, to understand their needs, support their individual requirements and avoid potential issues.
- Support the QA team to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements, manage and minimise risk, escalate potential breaches in a timely manner and identify potential improvements and efficiency opportunities.
We would love to hear from you if you hold the following key skills and experience:
- Experience of working in a busy administrative role is essential as you will be co-ordinating multiple tasks, events, and diaries.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written including excellent grammar and spelling
- Experience of office applications and software such as Excel, Outlook, Access databases along with some specialist software
- Able to demonstrate excellent Word Processing and data entry skills.
- Strong organising skills, with the ability to prioritise and maintain a high standard of accuracy, while working in a busy environment
What will we offer you in return?
One of the biggest rewards of a career with NCFE is contributing to our promise to support the delivery of the highest possible quality learning experiences for our learners and for them to achieve the best possible outcomes as a result.
You will also have access to a fantastic range of employee benefits and support for your personal and professional development. Benefits include:
- Company Pension, employer’s contribution up to 9% when you contribute 3%
- Life Assurance (4 x basic salary)
- £200 personal development allowance per year
- £400 towards any NCFE accredited qualifications per year
- Two hours a month to spend on personal development
- Free learning resources on our in-house 'Learning to Grow' platform
We also support your health and wellbeing by giving all colleagues access to:
- A minimum of 25 days holiday per year, plus 8 bank holidays
- An additional 3 days off during the Christmas closure
- A flexible and hybrid approach to working to support a work-life balance
- Westfield Health Cash Plan worth up to the value of £635
- Employee Assistance Programme - including a 24/7 confidential help line and counselling sessions
- Doctor Line - same day appointments
Want to know more about NCFE?
Take a look at our website ncfe.org.uk/
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) statement
Creating a fairer and more inclusive society is at the core of who we are at NCFE. We're committed to building rich diversity into our workforce at all levels, to ensure that we understand and are representative of the communities and customers we serve.
We do not discriminate against anyone due to their gender, race, age, religion, beliefs, identity, social background, visible or hidden disability, or neurodiversity. Instead, we pride ourselves on our collaborative, vibrant and high-performance culture which embraces everyone, celebrates uniqueness, and enables everyone's voice to be heard.
Our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion team works across our organisation to achieve this.
How to apply
Before applying, please note that we require all candidates to be able to demonstrate proof of Right to Work in the UK.
Ready to join us and shape real change? Apply with your CV if you have the commitment to excel in this position. We look forward to learning more about you.
Closing Date: Friday 17th March 2023
Interview Date: Thursday 30th March 2023