Job Title: Senior Lecturer in Nuclear Related Technology
Come Join Us – No Prior Lecturing Experience Required!
Set in the beautiful backdrop of the Cumbria and Lake District (relocation support available), we wish to extend an invitation to seasoned industry professionals looking for their next opportunity.
Got a passion for passing on your knowledge to burgeoning nuclear engineers? Looking to make a rewarding shift in career, perhaps moving from the forces or wrapping up years in the industry? This might be the role for you.
If you're passionate about the nuclear sector and eager to transfer that enthusiasm into shaping the next generation, then we'd like to speak with you. This role is open to people with or without prior education sector experience and offers the unique opportunity to turn this job into a rewarding career move.
As a Senior Lecturer in Nuclear Related Technology, you will guide and inspire minds in the field of nuclear science. This fulfilling role will see you leading a dynamic delivery team, ensuring top-tier learning experiences and excellent outcomes through effective teaching, learning, and assessment practices.
You will be at the helm of the Nuclear Degree Apprenticeship and Nuclear Degree provision, teaching vital modules, and serving as a bridge between students and internal and external entities. Your expertise in the nuclear lifecycle, equipped with a deep interest in innovative nuclear technologies, will be a driving force in our organisation.
What We're Looking For:
1. A robust background in the nuclear engineering industry – no prior lecturing experience is necessary. On-the-job training will be provided to ensure a smooth transition into a teaching role.
2. A minimum BEng or BSc Hons at Class 2.1 or above in nuclear technology or a related discipline (or equivalent).
3. Leadership experience, excellent literacy, numeracy, and IT skills.
4. A PgCert Ed or equivalent, or the willingness to attain these.
Advantageous attributes include:
1. An understanding of Apprenticeship Standards, degree curricula and experience in developing Engineering courses.
2. Being a team player with clear thinking and strong communication skills.
Why Join Us?
1. Help people, organisations, and economies develop their skills for growth.
2. Work within an organisation that values imagination, integrity, and leadership.
3. Pave the way for the next wave of nuclear engineers.
This position offers vast potential for personal growth, professional development, and a rewarding journey into the field of education.
Step up and make a difference with us! Apply now.