Work Based Mechanical/Electrical Assessor (Ref. A907)
Full Time/Permanent/Aberdeen Altens/Fraserburgh Campus
Salary: £28,392.79 - £32,476.26 per annum
We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated professional to assess/verify our MA Engineering Vocational programme.
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified Vocational Assessor/Verifier educated to HND level (SCQF Level 8) or equivalent in the relevant subject area. They will have excellent communication and presentation skills and a proven track record of engaging with learners that results in motivating them to succeed.
If you are a highly effective team player who actively supports colleagues, have the ability to build and maintain effective Employer/Apprentice relationships, and have relevant industry experience, we want you to come and join our team.
This post will involve the assessment of engineering apprentices in the workplace.
The closing date for applications will be 31stMarch 2023.
Interested? Want to know more?
For more information on this vacancy please visit our My Job Scotland website page on
North East Scotland College is an Equal Opportunities college welcoming applications from a diverse background. Most posts within North East Scotland College are classed as regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate for a role identified as regulated work will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check.
(criteria marked _ are desirable, all others are essential)
- Educated to HND level (SCQF Level 8) or equivalent in the relevant subject area
- Assessor training qualifications_
- Verifier training qualifications_
- Evidence of continuous professional development
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE _ Up to date vocational experience in the relevant area.
- Experience as a trainer or experience of training staff in the relevant area
- Up to date industry knowledge in the relevant area
- Knowledge of the type of programmes available in further education
- Knowledge of a range of assessment methods.
SKILLS _ Oral and written communication skills
- Numeracy skills
- Able to work on own initiative and without supervision
- The ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Team working skills
- IT literacy
PERSONAL QUALITIES _ Self-motivated
- Able to develop and maintain effective relationships with students
- Committed to people development
- Committed to customer service and quality improvement
- Ability to relate to people
- Able to develop positive working relationships
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS \* Commitment to College values and equal opportunities
- Able to travel to other locations as required
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the demands of the post
- A willingness to study for relevant teaching and assessing qualifications