Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Required to teach on GCSE Science courses both theory and practical up to the equivalent of Level 2
- Responsible for planning and managing learning programmes (which will include curriculum development and regular review meetings)
- Responsible for the management and tracking of the student learning programme to include administering all paperwork related to tutor courses and groups, tracking documents monitoring targets, achieving and maintaining group size targets and arranging additional support where required.
- Act as a course leader providing learners with academic support, meeting their vocational and educational needs.
- Carry out the required assessment, which will include initial advice and guidance, initial assessment, referral for additional support, assign homework and provide timely feedback on the learning experience.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of student and course registers and ensure poor student attendance is addressed and targets set when required.
- Liaise with parents/guardians and other organisations with regards to attendance and achievements, where applicable.
- Responsible for ensuring student progress records are completed in a timely manner which will include monitoring of targets, Individual Learning Plans and OnTrack to provide course progression, advice and guidance.
- Classroom management including monitoring attendance, punctuality and student behavior.
- Be responsible for completing and maintaining appropriate internal and external quality standards (for example Internal Verification and External Verification).
- Be compliant with equality in teaching and learning.
- Contribute towards enrichment programmes, work placements and educational visits to enhance the learning experience.
- Comply with the Quality Assurance procedures of the College which includes lesson observations.
- Ensure “In Attendance” time is carried out to meet the needs of the students’ and divisional priorities.
- To carry out student assessments using a range of techniques and tools determined by the college.
- Provide pastoral care and student support in conjunction with Student Services.
- Work with the Quality team and curriculum Division to monitor, evaluate and improve the effectiveness of learning, including the use of lesson and peer observations.