Are you looking for a career where you can change lives? Are you an aspiring or qualified teacher looking for a new challenge? In this role you will have an outstanding opportunity to positively enhance learners’ lives through teaching at HMP Elmley. You will be an inspiring and resilient practitioner with a desire to make a difference.
We are looking for a Lecturer in Horticulture to join the team at HMP Elmley. You will be delivering inspirational sessions to a range of learners, some of which will have no previous knowledge of Horticulture.
The successful candidate will need to have experience within the field of Horticulture. Teaching experience would be a benefit, but is not essential and experience within a prison environment would be a benefit, but again is not essential.
For further details on this exciting opportunity, please see the .
When you join the team at Weston College, you will be joining a multi-award-winning organisation which is one of the fasted growing colleges in the UK.
As an employee of Weston College, you will have access to a huge range of benefits and support, including but not limited to:
- Wellbeing @ Weston hub, providing well-being support for all,
- A staff welfare officer,
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme (available 24/7, 365 days a year),
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders, and the opportunity to complete this training yourself,
- A mentor to support you in your new role,
- Training and development opportunities,
- Regular staff conferences, with guest speakers,
- Staff social events,
- Great progression opportunities,
- Generous pension schemes.
Follow us on Facebook where we post all our current vacancies and events -
Please contact the HR department if you require any further information regarding this opportunity or our recruitment process – / 01934 411441.
Weston College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to obtain the appropriate prison clearance before starting the role.