At GBS (Global Banking School), we invest in our people and our students are at the heart of everything we do because we know education is transformational. Our mission is to change lives through education, and we take an inclusive approach to recruiting students, with an aim to widening access to higher education among groups currently under-represented in the sector.
We are proud to be a certified ‘Great Place To Work’ and have achieved outstanding results for the third year running in the National Student Survey, with an incredible 91% overall satisfaction rating in 2022.
GBS is a higher education provider offering a range of sector-relevant courses across eight campuses in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds and beyond. Working in partnership with several of the UK’s leading higher education providers, we deliver vocational, undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in banking, finance, accounting, business, tourism, healthcare – and more. We are an approved institute on the Office for Students Register and have been reviewed and approved by the Quality Assurance Agency.
We are proud of our substantial growth and remain committed to success. To meet the demands of our ever growing and successful business we are looking for a Lecturer with experience in and a passion for deliver the highest quality of education to our students by performing a range of lecturing, administration, professional duties and other activities. You are responsible for engaging students in the learning processes to ensure student outcomes are maximised.
You will get your energy and motivation from helping to engage students in the learning processes to ensure student outcomes are maximised and will be responsible for the teaching and development of a range of subjects across the curriculum.
- All aspects of planning, delivering, and assessing student work, ensuring that all learning outcomes are met.
- Develop, update, and improve course materials as appropriate.
- Use a variety of learning and teaching methods/materials including live online learning.
- Attend meetings as required, to contribute to the decision-making process and to develop productive working relationships within the various teams you will be engaged with.
- To actively be involved in staff development activities and peer .
- and keep up to date with student support to ensure our students have the full support and guidance they need.
- To participate in the GBS performance management programme, meeting a range of clearly defined objectives for student outcomes, student satisfaction, retention and attendance.
- Undertake administrative duties as agreed with your line manager.
- Take on other responsibilities as required to support the work of GBS.
Essential Skills and Experience
- You will hold at least Master’s level and preferably hold, or be working towards, a doctoral-level qualification in a relevant field or you will have a successful track record of professional achievement at an equivalent level. (this is a mandatory requirement)
- Experience teaching in the wider subject area.
- Experience with distance learning and supporting learners both online and face to face.
- Professional conduct in all interactions with staff and students.
- Extensive knowledge of relevant subject matter.
- Attention to detail and accurate reporting.
- Ability to maintain thorough and organised student records.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan and prioritise own workload to meet tight deadlines.
- Highly motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Strong applicants from industry must be able to demonstrate ability to teach at university level and be willing to pursue postgraduate degree(s) in Entrepreneurship, Innovation Studies, Technology Management or Business Administration.
- Teaching qualifications: PGCHE, MA in HE Practice or FHEA etc.
- Previous lecturing experience for similar coursesExperience supervising student work and providing support and feedback
The lecturer will also be expected to demonstrate their commitment:
- to GBS values and regulations, including equal opportunities policy.
- the GBS’s Social, Economic and Environmental responsibilities and minimise environmental impact in the performance of the role and actively contribute to the delivery of GBS’s Environmental Policy.
In return we offer a great working environment, career progression and some great benefits which include:
- 25 days annual leave, plus 8 public holidays
- 1 day extra leave per year of service, up to a maximum of 5 days
- Workplace pension scheme with NEST
- Tuition reimbursement for career development courses
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Access to GBS “Life” - discounts platform, wellbeing centre and much more
- Reward and recognition programme
- £500 award employee referral scheme
- Discretionary annual performance bonus
- Specsavers eye care vouchers
- Totum discount card access and Costco membership
Prior to next steps in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in GBS recruitment experience. Contact our Talent Acquisition Team firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of any needs related to completing the job application.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned.
GBS is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic. GBS makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.