- View Basket
- Open Menu
Learning Support Assistant, Primary Phase (Pre-Prep)Job Title: Learning Support Assistant, Primary Phase (Pre-Prep)
Employer: Liverpool College
Job Type: Learning Support
Job Phase: Primary
Grade: Liverpool College Salary Scale
Actual Salary: Between Spinal Column Points 3-5 (FTE Â£20,812-Â£21,575): Actual salary Â£15,582-Â£16,154 per annum. Starting point dependent on qualifications and experience.
Contract Type: Permanent
Contract Term: Part time, Term time only
Start Date: Start immediately
Closing Date: Wednesday, December 7th, 2022
About the School
Liverpool College is a mixed ability 4-19 Academy of some 1660 pupils. The College is situated on a leafy 28-acre campus located in the Mossley Hill area of Liverpool adjacent to Sefton Park. The College was founded in 1840 and was a founding member of the Headmasterâs Conference and was a fee-paying school until September 2013, when it became an all-through academy for pupils aged 4 to 19 years old. The College also offers state boarding provision. In the last few years, it has become one of the most over-subscribed schools in the North of England. Liverpool College was judged Outstanding in all areas by Ofsted at its last inspection in November 2019.
The College is guided by its motto: Not Only the Intellect but also Character. Our mission and unique approach to the education of the whole child is further explained at www.liverpoolcollege.org.uk . We seek to focus on the individual and develop in everything we do at school the three key traits of our learners: Purpose, Passion and Challenge. Our commitment to Learning with Character and our three core traits create a cohesive community across the entire campus and ensure we continue our foundersâ intention to make the formation of character a prime purpose of education.
Above all, Liverpool College is a happy, successful and outward-looking school with a clear mission and an undiluted belief in the importance of educating the whole person. Liverpool College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils. The successful applicant will be expected to undertake an enhanced DBS check. Liverpool College is an equal opportunities employer.
About the Role
To work as part of the Primary staff team to deliver high quality support to individual and groups of pupils in order for them to make good progress in school. Working under the direction of the SENCO and the Head of Pre-Prep, some responsibilities of the LSA are:
- Â Deliver high quality support for pupils under the direction of the class teacher.
- Â To build and maintain successful relationships with the pupils, treat them with respect and consideration.
- Work with individual pupils, if/as directed, to reinforce learning of material or skills as describe in the Pupil Profile, EHCP or any other plan for those pupils.
- To help build pupilsâ confidence and enhance self-esteem.
- To support the pupils in overcoming any barriers to learning both in and out of the classroom.
- Take part in relevant whole school and individual professional development and training whilst supporting colleagues in their development.
- A job description can be downloaded here for more comprehensive information.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and positive individual, committed to the well-being of children and young people, who has:
- Â Minimum Level 3 NVQ/NNEB or Teaching Assistance Training qualification
- Good education to a minimum of GCSE level including English and Maths
- Experience of working within an education setting with a numeracy/literacy focus
- Ability to support subject teachers in the planning of lessons
- Â Ability to break down information so it can be easily relayed
- Patience and the ability to relate to young people
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The Person Specification can be downloaded here.
How to Apply
A job description, person specification, application form and equality monitoring form can be downloaded here. Email your completed application and equality monitoring form to [emailÂ protected] . Alternatively, you can post completed forms to the address stated below, for the attention of Linda Harley, HR Administrator. Closing date for receipt of applications is: 07/12/2022 Interviews are expected to be held: week commencing 12/12/2022
Closing Date: Wednesday 7th December 2022
Job Description:Download Document
Person Specification:Download Document
Application Form:Download Document
Equal Opportunities Monitoring:Download Document
Contact Name: Linda Harley
Contact Telephone: 0151 724 4000
Contact e-mail:[emailÂ protected]
Toxteth Annexe Conference Centre
Liverpool, L17 7BN
0151 233 3901