Employer: Athersley South Primary School
Location: Wakefield Road, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S71 3TP
Contract Type: 28.5 hours term time only
Contract Term: Fixed term contract until July 2024
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date for application: 9am on Monday 4th December 2023
The Governing Body are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and strong Learning Support Assistant to work closely and effectively with colleagues in a team of high-quality staff. The post will be in EYFS and candidates should be aware they may be required to work across F1 and F2 taking account of experience, knowledge and skills alongside the needs of the school. You must be committed and have high expectations of all children in terms of progress, attainment, attitudes and behaviour. Athersley South Primary is a member of the Every Child Matters Academy Trust and works in close partnership with other schools within the trust. This offers opportunity for support and CPD opportunities.
We are looking for an individual to join our team who:
- has the ability to inspire and motivate children to achieve their full potential
- is passionate about learning and teaching
- is creative, forward thinking, innovative and prepared to take risks
- will actively develop positive relationships with parents, carers, colleagues and, most importantly, our children
- has a strong commitment to inclusive practice
- has a sense of fun and a strong desire to achieve
We can offer:
- enthusiastic learners who are eager to please and achieve
- an opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of children
- a welcoming, friendly and supportive team who work together to ensure the best outcomes for all our children
- a commitment to professional learning and development, including opportunities through ECM
- professional networks with staff from other ECM Trust schools
Candidates are encouraged to visit the school should they wish to do so. Applications must be made online. The closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 4th December 2023. Interviews will take place the same week. For any further details regarding the position, please contact the school on 01226 284223 (between 9am and 3pm) or athersleysouthadmin at ecmtrust dot co dot uk
Athersley South Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All posts at our school are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
In addition, i n accordance with advice issued in Keeping Children Safe In Education 2022, as part of the shortlisting process, schools will carry out an online search as part of their due diligence on the shortlisted candidates.