Coventry University Online
£37,956 to £42,422 per annum.
Coventry University Online is the University Group's dedicated digital-learning business, responsible for the design, production and maintenance of distance education products and services to students around the world. Our online courses help busy individuals study at their own pace for a range of undergraduate, postgraduate, and professional qualifications, and each offers on-demand access and customised one-to-one support as part of an international social learning community.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Learning Designer (you might call yourself something different now, eg Teacher, Instructional Designer, Learning Technologist or Academic/Educational Developer), to join an established Content Team dedicated to designing, producing and maintaining leading online Higher Education courses.
You will have experience of using your skills to create inspiring and effective student-centred learning experiences. Working with a range of colleagues, including subject matter experts, digital media producers, and project managers, you will be central to the creation of visual storyboards that are the basis for designing and creating engaging course activities, assessments, and digital content. These courses will be accessible to thousands of new distance and online learners across the globe.
- Engendering and promoting a collaborative, creative and inclusive culture within the Content Team, working in an agile and transformational team culture
- Providing pedagogic advice, guidance, encouragement and support regarding the design and construction of online programs and course content
- Designing and evaluating courses that are interactive, engaging and provide a compelling learner experience
- Facilitating and running learning design workshops for academic staff, digital content production teams and stakeholders to help convert existing face-to-face programs with defined learning outcomes
- Collaborating closely with subject matter experts to design course-level activities that play to the strengths of the online learning platforms
- Collaborating closely with academic course teams to design formative and summative assessment tasks that allow learners to test their understanding, provide appropriate feedback and encourage critical thinking skills and self-directed learning
Skills and experience:
- Skills in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships, establishing rapport, and gaining the trust of others at all levels
- Strong experience of leading the learning design of online courses within a higher education environment
- Proven ability to adapt and employ the most appropriate learning design techniques and frameworks for the situation
- Experience of working collaboratively within technology-focused or digital product teams, ideally in a consumer facing environment
- Experience of fostering relationships and managing a wide range of stakeholders, internal and external
- Effective communication skills, and the ability to be able to converse effectively with key stakeholders and providers at all levels
Benefits include a supportive and friendly working environment, pension scheme, 30 days holiday per annum, pro-rata plus Bank Holidays and Christmas closure days, and a generous performance-based bonus scheme.
Coventry University Online encourages and promotes a supportive and inclusive approach to working with colleagues across the University and outside. You can expect to be involved in this from your first day in post; they welcome your experiences and background and look forward to learning from you.
They have a strong commitment to providing training and development in and beyond your current role. This includes comprehensive induction into the organisation and regular reviews of your training and development needs.
Closing date: 22/08/2022