Salary: £17,424 -£18,998 pro rata for 38-week year
Contract: Full Time/Part Time/variable working hours/Zero-hour contracts
Location: Across all College Campuses
We have several Learning Assistant positions available across all of our college campuses, with part-time and full-time roles available (up to 37 hours per week). Successful candidates will be enthusiastic, professional people who will be responsible for delivering an effective, high quality additional learning support service. Knowledge of Additional Support services, including Education, Health and Care plans is positively received, although a commitment to personal and professional learning and developing is most important, so do apply if you are yet to learn about this fully.
You will join a committed team, who work closely with students and other college staff, to reduce barriers to learning, increase opportunities towards improved outcomes, maximise success, enable greater autonomy and develop further independence for all learners.
It is desirable that you are qualified to L3 in your general education, or working towards this. We welcome applications from people with experience in a variety of areas, including youth work, mental health, learning disabilities and other support roles.
What we offer:
- A generous holiday entitlement of 26 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 10 closure days)
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 16.1 %
- Great discounts on hair and beauty treatments offered on site
- Family-friendly policies including flexible working, compassionate leave, maternity, paternity and adoption leave, parental leave and job share
- Excellent facilities including study centres, City Salon, multi-faith prayer rooms, bike storage, City Restaurant (situated at College Green and at SBSA), refectories
- Cycle to work scheme
- A variety of online shopping discounts and offers and cash health plan
- Plus a supportive package to ensure continuous professional development.
At City of Bristol College, we have one goal: to help our students succeed. We offer the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications in the area, with more than 1,000 courses available from entry to degree level. We provide education and training to approximately 12,000 students each year. The College is made up of five centres across Bristol and each centre offers excellent, well-equipped, purpose-built facilities. In addition, we have a wide range of community partners allowing us to offer courses in venues across the city. More information about the College can be found on our website.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found on the College website.
Closing date: Thursday 24th November 2022 (midnight)
Interview date: TBC
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £17,424.00-£18,998.00 per year