Join us on the Journey...
National Express are looking to recruit an experienced Learning and Organisational Development Manager to join the team. The successful candidate will work alongside key business stakeholders, to build a deep understanding of their strategies and enable identification and diagnosis of capability gaps and learning needs which will affect the business from achieving its goals.
What you'll do:
- Ascertain the learning needs within a defined area. Consult and contract with relevant stakeholders to agree on the learning and training needs.
- Plan, design and deliver learning and training interventions that are impactful, and that are embedded in developing behavioural and mindset change, and which demonstrate return on investment (ROI) and/or return on engagement (ROE).
- Support behavioural changes through a variety of methods (inc. training, facilitation, coaching and mentoring) enabling managers to more effectively manage their people and enhance their leadership and people management skills.
- Lead or support People projects as specified by the People senior leadership team.
- Build a deep understanding of the designated business area – strategies, goals, challenges and capability gaps. Use relevant L&D and OD models and theory to provide solutions to address the needs and embed change that supports the functional/business strategy.
- Challenge the status quo in business function, in central L&OD and in the wider People team, to promote and drive the application of learning and development interventions.
- Using a variety of methods, diagnose the root cause of capability gaps and consult with key stakeholders on how the identified gaps can be closed.
- Use effective Management Information to gain insights that can be reported back to the business to aid a better understanding of capability gaps and learning needs.
- Utilise both qualitative and quantitative data to measure outcomes and impact, and which can ultimately demonstrate the value that the learning interventions have, by linking to business objectives.
- Develop strategies to build business knowledge, gather information and build key networks to be able to analyse and interpret current and future learning needs - keep informed and up to date on external thinking and best practise.
- Review current learning curriculum and learning activities and ensure alignment to current and future business needs. Where gaps exist, propose relevant learning solutions and work with necessary stakeholders to agree learning plans.
- Facilitate coaching and training initiatives to focus on building commercial performance and the capability of individuals and teams to support succession planning & talent development.
What you'll need:
- Previous experience in an L&D or OD Manager role, within HR/Learning & Development. Possesses knowledge of a complex functional or business area.
- Proven facilitator and substantial experience of delivering learning interventions
- Experience in supporting the development of strategic learning and training plans, and tactical actions for both current and future needs
- Demonstrable L&D experience in training and learning intervention diagnostics, design, delivery and evaluation.
- Experience of delivering expert, pragmatic and commercial L&D advice that demonstrate return on investment.
- Desirable: coaching qualification, ideally level 5 or above
- Self-motivated, Intellectually curious and able to work on own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills and numerate
- Well organised, responsive and able to work with multiple priorities
- Well-developed networking skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office & Google programmes – especially Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
At National Express, we are really proud of our health and safety record and as a result, we operate a Drugs and Alcohol Policy which is applicable to all employees.
As part of your initial assessment, we will complete Drug and Alcohol testing and you may be subject to random tests during your employment.