How You'll Make a Difference
As a Learning and Development Training Coordinator you will support the delivery of social care and safeguarding related training and development to our social care teams, ensuring we have a highly skilled workforce who are able to make a difference to children, young people and vulnerable adults.What You Will Doing
What We Need From You
- You will be working with colleagues across the organisation and training providers to ensure excellent training and support is available for social work, safeguarding and practice education.
- You will also ensure appropriate provisions are in place for those who are new to social work, either by undertaking social work apprenticeships or those that have just qualified and are in their assessed and supported year of employment (ASYE).
- You will be Coordinating multiple projects and streams of work to meet statutory requirements, arranging events and training, working with colleagues to deliver significant programmes of training and development across the CAH workforce.
- You will provide day to day project management and administrative support for the Learning & Development Advisors responsible for social work, safeguarding, practice education and ASYE .
- You will be responsible for the scheduling, coordination and promotion of development programmes, courses and the curation of relevant resources.
- You will take a lead role in supporting customers, trainers and suppliers to make best use of digital technologies and resources in order for learning to be accessible and inclusive.
- You will maintain webpages, learning directories, and portfolios and use various tools in Office365 to present information accessible and engaging formats.
- You will utilise the data and information available to you to evaluate programmes to ensure that we consistently meet the needs of the service, offer excellent value for money, are compliant and are able to identify improvements.
How a Career At South Gloucestershire Council Is Different
- You will have sound experience of Learning & Development operational processes, procedures and the legislative framework for the provision of social care training.
- You must be able to build relationships and influence others based on knowledge of the service area.
- It is critical you have excellent customer service skills and a strong customer focus in your approach to process and issue resolution.
- You will have good data analysis skills and be able to produce accurate and clear reports.
- It is essential that you are proficient and comfortable using computerised systems and packages, for example Microsoft Office with an understanding of using digital technologies in learning.
- You must be able to demonstrate your initiative and judgement to resolve standard problems independently or through a support team.
- You will be organised and able to prioritise work to meet established milestones and deadlines.
- Knowledge of Rise, Sway, Teams and CPD Online would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of qualifications and assessments in social care would be an advantage.
- We invest in the careers of our people and we are recognised for the quality, breadth and depth of our training and development offer, which helps our people make the greatest long-term difference in their work.
- What’s special here is the strength of the team ethos, the support and the training.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Ensuring all our staff are given right skills, knowledge and support to recognise and respond effectively to potential abuse or neglect.
- We recognise that our diverse team of skilled and dedicated people make us a great place to work. We welcome applications from everyone and ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and developed on the basis of their merits and abilities.
Our teams at South Gloucestershire Council are making a real difference to the lives of people who live, work and learn here.
- We're building and shaping communities which people are proud of
- We're working with the most vulnerable in our community to help them achieve what they want in life
- We're investing in our schools to ensure every child and young person in South Gloucestershire achieves their full potential.
We've achieved a great deal, but we need talented and dedicated people to ensure we continue to make a difference. We’re making a difference, be part of it!
Salary pro-rated to hours worked.
For further information please contact [email protected]