United Trust Bank’s HR team is looking to hire a Learning & Development Manager to:
- Manage the Talent Management Strategy of the Bank by building and delivering the Learning and Development framework in support of career progression.
- Create and execute learning strategies and programs and evaluate individual and organisational development needs.
- Be accountable for the design of the employee learning and development life cycle. Manage an annual training plan that details required training that is delivered within the agreed/specific timescales and ensure outcomes are appropriately measured and reported on.
- Ensure leadership capability is being built for the future in support of high growth of bank.
This is a hybrid role (3 days in the office / 2 working from home)
- Develop, execute and manage the annual L&D plan which provides learning and development opportunities for all
- Perform continuous training needs analysis to ensure skills are kept up to date and at the forefront of market practices
- Provide insight and support a Career Pathway initiative to ensure we are concurrent and future focused in our skills and capabilities of future leaders
- Manage the relationships and responsibilities of third party training providers and Professional bodies (e.g., apprenticeships)
- Be accountable for the design of the on boarding experience for new employees
- Be accountable for creating development in line with our diversity and inclusion strategy
- Manage coaching and mentoring programmes and actively manage the consistency/ commitment and success of coaches and mentors
- Monitor the success of programmes, and review feedback of candidates for continuous improvement and adjusts programmes accordingly where improvements need to be made
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for identifying, planning, delivering and measuring learning and development.
- Implement various learning methods company wide (eg. Coaching, job-shadowing, online training)
- Design and deliver e-learning courses, workshops and other training
- Assess the success of development plans and help employees make the most of learning opportunities
- Assist managers to develop their team members through career pathing
- Manage the formal delivery of professional technical competence via Chartered Banker Institute
- As Bank T&C Officer ensure compliance of mandatory training and annual approval of SMCR process
- Manage the regulatory and compliance annual plan and ensure effective delivery via Access LMS
- Oversee the quality of external training and L&D Specialists
- Liaise with the finance department to ensure control of training and development expenditure within agreed budgets
Skills and Experience sought:
- Proven experience as an L&D Manager with accreditation (i.e. CIPD)
- Current knowledge of effective learning and development method
- Display a passion for career development
- Ability to communicate accurately, both verbally and in writing
- Familiarity with current e learning platforms and practices
- Excellent communication and the ability to build rapport with employees and vendors
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary and Bonus package
- 26 Days Holiday
- 2 Wellbeing Days
- Contributory Pension
- Life Insurance / Income Protection / Critical Illness cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Season Ticket Loans
- Excellent career development opportunities and where appropriate sponsorship of a relevant qualification
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. During the application process, you will be asked to complete an equality questionnaire on a voluntary basis and any data we collect will be treated confidentially and used for evaluation purposes. This will be for a period of 6 months or longer with your permission. This helps us understand our applicants so we can make sure we are doing everything we can to attract a diverse range of people and ensure our recruitment processes are fair and inclusive.