Do you have passion, drive, and enthusiasm for sharing your IT knowledge, developing skills in others, helping them realise their potential? If you are an experienced IT Professional with a gift for mentoring and coaching others in business IT systems, or if looking for a new rewarding challenge, PETA want to hear from you.
Due to continued business growth, we are now looking to expand our team of Learning and Development Coaches (Assessors) for our specialist IT division based at our head office in Cosham. As a Learning and Development Coach, you will be visiting apprentices in the workplace, and be based at our Cosham site between visits.
Our IT Team
At PETA, we are looking for individuals who want to make a difference. Our apprenticeship programmes have helped thousands of people kick start their careers and go on to be hugely successful IT professionals.
Joining PETA as an IT Learning and Development Coach, you will report into and be supported by our IT Training Manager whilst working alongside our fantastic team of teaching staff and administrators. We have an incredibly close knit, supportive team who always put the best interest of our learners first.
Your New Role
Joining our team as an IT Learning and Development Coach, you will be responsible for supporting a cohort of apprentices working towards industry led standards. To create a successful partnership between the learner, employer, and PETA, you will need to be:
- Confident and competent in explaining Apprenticeships to employers and learners and how they work in practical terms
- Able, in conjunction with the employer and learner, to develop realistic and achievable learning plans that combine ‘on’ and ‘off’ the job training activities and work-related outcomes
- Results driven, keeping apprentices firmly on track for timely completions of their apprenticeship
- Committed to quality, working to compliance standards as set by government and regulatory bodies in the delivery of Apprenticeships
- Customer focused – the ability to be positive and motivate others to aspire to excel in their learning and career and to step in and find solutions if a learner is not making progress
Could this be the ideal role for me?
To be successful as our newest Learning & Development Coach, you will need to be able to demonstrate expertise gained from hands on experience in an IT role. This combined with a background in delivering apprenticeships would make you our ideal candidate.
As you will be working with learners from 16 years plus, the ability to relate to and communicate well with a wide age range is crucial. In order to be considered for this role, you will also require:
- Strong knowledge of Networking, Server and Security are essential
- A background in Software and Digital would be useful
- Strong Organisational skills – must be able to plan and utilise time effectively
- Accurate report writing and record keeping skills
- Ability to work within a government funded, compliance-based environment
- GCSE Level 4+ or equivalent in English and maths
- Competence in the use of Microsoft applications; SharePoint, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Full driving licence and use of own car
Please Note: A DBS Registration and Disclosure is required.
Working for PETA
We believe in empowering our staff to be the very best. This is reflected in our commitment to providing ongoing training and support throughout your career with us. Joining the PETA team as an Learning & Development Coach, you will be offered a great package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- 34 Days annual leave (including 8 public holidays)
- Attractive pension with employer contributions
- Free onsite parking
- Fantastic discounts with Perkbox
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- World-class training and personal development
With 50 years’ experience of delivering corporate and apprenticeship training, it is time for us to look to the future and take our business to the next level.
Our commitment to safeguarding our learners is paramount. Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility, and we are looking for staff who share this belief. To ensure a safe learning environment, this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check. Successful applicants will be required to comply with keeping children safe in education.
If you want to be part of our success and truly make a difference, we want to hear from you. Click APPLY below to start your journey with PETA.