Due to our continued ongoing growth, we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Administrator (looking for their next step) or Junior Advisor, with HR and/or Learning and Development experience, to kickstart their career in Learning and Development within our People team. We are fast-paced, innovative and forward thinking digital and innovation organisation and we are looking for someone who has worked in a similar environment and is comfortable with change. Our vision is to become an inclusive learning organisation, where everyone has the chance to develop and grow their career through diverse learning experiences and opportunities. We want to develop our organisational capabilities and people attributes so that we can continue to build our knowledge and skills to accelerate our growth and achieve our business goals. You’ll have the opportunity to be involved in some exciting Learning and Development projects, as well as championing our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion activities. As part of this two-year contract, the successful candidate will complete a Level 5 Apprenticeship in Learning and Development. You will have the full support of the People team and we will identify opportunities to embed your learning on-the-job.
What You’ll Do
- Support on a wide range of L&D activities such as onboarding, performance management, manager academy, apprenticeship programme, learning campaigns and equality, diversity and inclusion
- Training evaluation and reporting with a view to continuous ongoing improvement in our L&D initiatives and selection of suppliers and partners
- Be the expert and “super user” to further develop our Learning Management system: evaluating and developing content, creating engagement internally with online learning, gathering data for reporting to ensure learning evaluation and monitoring of OKRs
- Maintain relationship with learning partners and apprenticeship providers
- Support out L&D Business Partner in booking training courses and meeting rooms and ad hoc tasks to ensure training is delivered to all employees
- Participate in People led events and provide thoughts and insights to enhance the events
What We’re Looking For
- You will have previous experience within either HR or learning and development
- You can demonstrate a genuine interest in HR / Learning and Development and are excited by Digital Catapult’s mission and purpose
- You have strong problem solving and logical thinking skills. You have great attention to detail and like creating work of a high quality
- You relish being challenged, learning and growing
- You are organised and a self-starter
- You are a collaborative team player and enjoy working with and supporting others
- You are able to work independently when required and remotely
- You have excellent IT skills and comfortable using MS office and G-Suite (training can be provided)
- You are comfortable with change. Things move quickly at Digital Catapult!
- You are able to maintain confidentiality at all times and in all circumstances
Closing date for Applications: 5th October 2022.
Digital Catapult is the UK’s leading advanced digital technology innovation centre, accelerating the adoption of new and emerging technologies to drive regional, national and international growth for UK businesses across the economy. We work with a range of organisations - including startups and scaleups, established businesses, investors, government and public sector, research and academia - to discover new ways of solving industry challenges, increase productivity and open up new markets. We work across key technology areas including IoT, AI, 5G, Immersive and Distributed Ledger.
At Digital Catapult we are proud to be building an open, diverse and agile community. We are committed to the continual progression of equality, diversity and inclusion within the workplace, in our teams and through the work we deliver. To ensure we deliver on this promise we have ongoing work streams in place to continue on our journey and our established partnership with Inclusive Employers further reflects our commitment.
We recognise and value the advantages and opportunities that come with having people from diverse backgrounds working with us and it is our ambition to build an organisation which is representative and reflective of UK society. We believe equality, diversity and inclusion are key to creating an enjoyable and positive company culture and ultimately to the overall success of our business and of others with whom we work. Our company values are ambition, curiosity, openness and optimism. The value openness allows our employees to be themselves and demonstrates the importance of respecting each other. Our brilliant people ambitiously strive to inspire, drive and deliver positive change in the sectors and technology areas we work in, both across the UK and globally.
We offer a strong learning and development proposition and a competitive flexible benefits package which includes generous annual leave and family leave, a double matching pension contribution scheme and health insurance which extends to family cover. We offer our employees 'giving back days' to help the wider community and the chance to get involved in company-wide volunteer days.
The required qualifications, skills and experiences outlined in our job descriptions are a guide. We welcome applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
Please apply using the link to our Careers page on our website rather than via direct contact to enable us to better manage your application.