Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in more than 70 cities across 30 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 5,000 professionals around the world who work with clients to optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities.
Oliver Wyman is a business of Marsh McLennan [NYSE: MMC]. For more information, visit www.oliverwyman.com. Follow Oliver Wyman on Twitter @OliverWyman.
Oliver Wyman is now looking to recruit a Learning & Development Manager, to focus on Design and Development for learnings for our Specialist consulting groups.
Our goal for learning at Oliver Wyman is to move forward together by addressing our fears and limitations head on, supporting one another as we grow, and honoring the unique talents that all our people bring to the table.
We’re dedicated to helping our people hone their unique craft, which ultimately enables all of us to come together and deliver greater impact. In your role as L&D Manager – Design and Development you will play a critical part in making this vision a reality together with the L&D team.
Your role is to be a key strategy partner to our Specialist groups, ensuring that our global learning offerings meet the learning and development needs of our Specialist staff. This includes identifying training needs, and designing, developing, and facilitating (as needed) Specialist-specific programs or curating e-learning pathways, where needs are not covered by the integrated curriculum.
A significant part of your role will be to design, develop and facilitate learning offerings in collaboration with internal SMEs and/or external providers. These offerings may be part of the internal OW integrated curriculum or may be deliverables for external client projects. You will report directly to the Global Head of Design, working closely together with the broader L&D team and Specialist groups. Over time, you may also manage a team.
The Responsibilities of the role include –
Oversight of Specialist Learning Offerings:
- Developing and maintaining a robust understanding of learning and development needs for each Specialist group
- Working together with the Learning Design team to ensure that integrated training programs are relevant for and are inclusive of Specialists; identifying where tailored solutions are required and work with the relevant stakeholders to design and develop those, as needed
- Acting as single-point-of-contact for all Specialist learning related questions and as an advisor to each group’s Leadership and Talent Managers on most appropriate learning solutions for ongoing learning and development requests
- Reviewing the uptake in training and effectiveness of learning offerings for the Specialist population, both integrated and Specialist-specific offerings, and adapting as needed or developing new offerings as appropriate; providing regular reporting to key stakeholders
- Maintaining and managing relationships with key stakeholders, including the corresponding committees, to identify and understand learning needs, collecting inputs and feedback and reporting on progress for all Specialist related learning matters (e.g., uptake of training, feedback of programs, etc.)
- Leading the annual training plan process for all Specialist groups, working closely together with the Regional Delivery teams to ensure that training assignments are in line with business and individual development needs
Content Design and Development:
- Designing, developing and, if applicable, facilitating individual modules or courses, working with key stakeholders and SMEs, both internal and external; your focus will be on Specialist-specific courses
- Leading the delivery of pilot courses, in collaboration with delivery teams, and upskilling delivery teams and faculty, if applicable, to continue rolling-out the programs past the pilot stage
- Incorporating creative and current instructional design thinking, leveraging leading edge tools and technologies to develop effective learning and to create a "world class" experience for our people
- Collaborating and consulting with Regional Learning and Development delivery teams to ensure alignment with budgets, practicality of implementation and program effectiveness
- Executing vendor selection and managing relationships in alignment with the L&D operations team
We would love to see the following from you:
- You’ll have at least 5+ years of experience in instructional content development
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders to assess learning and development needs and translating those needs into learning solutions is essential
- Experience in using best-in-class instructional design techniques and drawing on insights from related disciplines to deliver new elements while meeting budget and timeline requirements is expected
- Excellent program facilitation skills, including the ability to lead a multicultural audience
- Strong problem-solving skills and balancing dynamic work demands in a challenging, international environment with numerous stakeholders to satisfy
- Experience of managing complex projects, involving multiple stakeholders.
- Proven ability to foster relationships, to communicate credibly, influence and negotiate effectively, at all levels of the organization
- A proven track record of obtaining results through partnering and collaboration
- A qualification in instructional/learning design is highly advantageous
Why come to work at Oliver Wyman?
We’re serious about making OW a rewarding, progressive, enjoyable and balanced place to work:
- Self-starters and free thinkers who work well in a team - we are individuals who are self-starting, motivated, energetic, entrepreneurial about what we do
- Common aspiration, collective endeavor, shared success - we have the common aspiration to have an impact, leave a legacy and change the world. We have no interest in running a steady-state business. We want to build, grow and shape the environment around us
- Straightforward, open, respectful interaction - we value an environment where every member of Oliver Wyman is encouraged and expected to voice his or her opinion
- Opportunity without artificial barriers - we value merit and believe that to create a true meritocracy we need to remove artificial barriers to opportunity
- Balanced lives - we value people whose lives balance work and non-work activities because we believe they are both more interesting colleagues and are able to make better contributions to the Firm.
We push ourselves hard to deliver excellence, but we also work to extract the maximum benefit from the flexibility of a project-based business. We provide the ability to take career breaks for personal or family reasons. We fundamentally value each other’s time and are sensitive to how it is used. We are an output not input-based culture, have respect for people’s personal decisions, and believe that one's workload must be sustainable. We seek balance for ourselves and our colleagues.
To learn more, please follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter: OliverWyman. www.oliverwyman.com/careers
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.