The Manchester College has many Campus locations across Greater Manchester, each with its own specialist cutting-edge facilities within a friendly and supportive environment. We are the largest Further Education College in the UK providing education and training to a wide range of learners.
We have an exciting opportunity to join us as a Job Coach on a permanent, full time (35 hours per week), basis (Role is based across all our sites).
As Job Coach you will be supporting the needs of individual learners, ensuring that they receive high quality, training and support. This will include activities such as; systematic instruction, facilitating small group delivery, in-class support, carrying out Support Interviews, writing of Personal Learning Plans, Personal Care Plans and Support Targets, carrying out reviews on the effectiveness of delivered support both in small groups and key worker support for individual learners. Support is predominately for 16-25 year olds but could be provided for all of the College’s divisions including 16-19, Adults, Apprenticeships and H.E. as appropriate.
In order to do this, you will need:
- Minimum of a Level 2 support qualification in a specialist area or equivalent experience or willingness to obtain a Level 2 support qualification in a specialist area
- Minimum of a Level 2 qualification in English and Maths
- Experience of working with young people and adults with a SEND in an education environment
- Experience and knowledge, empathy and understanding of the specific issues relating to the education of young people and adults with a SEND
- Experienced and competent in the use of IT systems, such as Microsoft Office Suite
Knowledge of specific assistive technology or specialist software in supporting learners with a SEND
- Have excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written; and the ability to communicate effectively with learners, teachers, parents and other educational professionals
- Ability to self-evaluate and make necessary adaptations to own practice and make suggestions to others
- Successfully contribute to support a culture of team work within a multi-disciplinary environment
In return you will benefit from an excellent package including:
- 35 days paid annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- significant pension contribution
- Retail Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cycle to work scheme
- Simply Health scheme care vouchers
The Manchester College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. If you wish to apply for this exciting opportunity
Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the key responsibilities, key result areas and Qualifications/Skills and Experience detailed within the role profile.
Salaries are based on skills, qualifications and experience.
The closing date for this job advert is 20/11/2023. However, sometimes the job advert may close early if we receive a good response!
LTE group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be required to undergo an appropriate DBS check via the Criminal Records Bureau and may be subject to additional online checks as part of our pre-screening process. Some roles are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and would require an Enhanced DBS check.