For fulltime £30000 per annum and Part-time / Freelance on a pro rata basis.
Proficient in delivering instruction and skill-based coaching for a wide range of IT hardware, networking, and related educational topics.
As a Digital Sector Skills Coach: The primary responsibilities encompass guiding and facilitating the development of essential digital competencies among our apprentices. This role entails designing and delivering customised training programmes, assessing the skill gaps, and tailoring instruction to meet specific learning needs to match their selected IT/Digital Sector Apprenticeship Standards. The coach is also tasked with staying current with emerging digital trends and technologies, offering guidance on industry best practices, and fostering a culture of continuous learning. Moreover, the coach collaborates with our employers and apprentices to monitor progress, evaluate the effectiveness of training initiatives, and provide constructive feedback to enhance digital skill proficiency within the workforce.
Curriculum Development: Develop and update course materials, lesson plans, and learning resources in line with the latest IT / Digital Sector industry trends and standards.
Create engaging and interactive instructional content, including presentations, demonstrations, exercises, and assessments.
Classroom Instruction: Conduct classroom-based training sessions, ensuring that complex IT concepts are presented in a clear and understandable manner.
Utilize various teaching methodologies, such as lectures, discussions, group activities, and practical demonstrations, to enhance student learning.
Hands-on Training: Provide practical training sessions to students, allowing them to apply theoretical knowledge to real-world scenarios.
Set up and manage lab environments, ensuring that students have access to the necessary hardware, software, and tools.
Student Support and Guidance: Monitor student progress, provide constructive feedback, and address individual learning needs.
Offer guidance and assistance to students on assignments, projects, and exam preparation.
Foster a positive learning environment by promoting collaboration, teamwork, and mutual respect among students.
Assessment and Evaluation: Develop and administer quizzes, tests, and exams to assess student knowledge and understanding.
Evaluate student performance, track attendance, and maintain accurate records of grades and achievements.
Continuous Professional Development: Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements and trends in the IT industry.
Participate in professional development activities, attend conferences, and pursue relevant certifications to enhance your own expertise.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Previous experience as an IT Tutor or Instructor, preferably at a Level 3 or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge and expertise in various IT domains, such as programming, networking, database management, cybersecurity, and systems administration.
- Proficiency in instructional design and the ability to create effective learning materials.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines effectively.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine interest in helping students succeed.
- Familiarity with learning management systems and educational technology tools.
- Relevant industry certifications (e.g., CompTIA, Cisco, Microsoft) are highly desirable.
- Teaching qualifications or certifications (e.g., PGCE, CTLLS, DTLLS) would be advantageous.
NOTE: Please be aware that the duties and responsibilities outlined above are not exhaustive, nor are they shown in the order of priority or frequency. They may be varied from time to time after consultation with the post holder.
Job Types: Freelance, Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 39.15 per week
Salary: Up to £30,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- London, E1 5HZ: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Tutoring / Assessing / Skills Coaching IT / Digital Sector: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person