Reports to: Head of Division
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 pa
The IT apprenticeship tutor will run and deliver apprenticeship programmes in the IT field across the UK. The role will require the successful candidate to have a good understanding of the delivery of the Infrastructure Technician and IT Solutions Technician apprenticeship standards.
An LMP tutor will inspire and ensure that every person that goes through an apprenticeship programme with us will have an opportunity to thrive and succeed. Tutors will also be responsible for mentoring learners during their work placements and ensuring they are in a safe environment where they can progress and learn.
Responsibilities [The below listed tasks/responsibilities are not exhaustive:]
- Prepare and produce scheme of work and session plans as directed by the Quality Team.
- Deliver Functional Skills qualifications as part of an apprenticeship.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate records (e-portfolio and caseload tracker) for each individual learner according to internal procedures.
- Provide progression, retention and achievement information for the course being taught.
- Contribute to the self-assessment process which informs continuous improvement.
- Ensure electronic diaries are kept up to date at all times with detailed appointments.
- Any other duty which, from time to time, may reasonably be required to meet the needs of the business.
- Deliver apprenticeships up to level 5 (if applicable).
- Undertake appropriate initial assessment of learners to ascertain their starting point on the course.
- Assess learner’s performance in the workplace.
- Work with employers in order to maintain engagement and curriculum sequencing.
- Carry out regular progress reviews with learners in order to track progress towards timely completions.
- Provide on-going information, advice and guidance with learners in order for them to reach their aspirations.
- Deliver training on 1:1 or group basis – face to face or online
- Keep up to date with curriculum development in the relevant subject areas.
- Deliver inclusive and high-quality courses, materials and opportunities to all learners, and actively seek to eliminate any indirect or direct discriminatory practice or behaviours.
- Comply with the internal quality assurance strategy in order to ensure that assessments are delivered to a high standard.
- Undertake appropriate training as identified through the observation and line management process.
- Achieve good levels of compliance by maintaining timely records on Smart Assessor.
- A1/ TAQA or equivalent qualification is essential
- Experience in managing an entire learner journey is essential
- Experience in using an e-portfolio system is essential
- Knowledge and understanding in the application of the apprenticeship standard(s) is essential
- Proven experience in effective teaching and learning is essential
- Annual leave entitlement of 25 days, with 3 days ‘free’ days given back during December
- Additional 1-day annual leave for every year of service with
- HSF Health Care Plan
- Access to HSF Perkbox
- Pension Scheme
- £150 referral scheme & a paid volunteering day
The post holder must maintain the confidentiality of information about clients, staff and other LMP stakeholders. Some work is confidential, and information gained must not be communicated to other persons except in the recognised course of duty. The post holder must always meet the requirements of the General Data Regulation Act.
Safeguarding, Prevent & Equal Opportunities
The LMP Group are committed to anti-discrimination and equal opportunities for all. We are equally committed to Safer Recruitment Policies, Safeguarding, the Prevent Duty and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. To achieve our commitment, we will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust safeguarding processes and procedures that promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our staff and volunteers
Please be aware that upon a successful offer of employment the company completes digitalized right-to-work checks and DBS applications via an external provider - Vetting.Com
The company also completes an internal online social media search, in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance.