Looking for a new career opportunity?
Itec are one of the most vocationally diverse employee-owned independent training providers. Apply today to join our employee ownership team and be part of shaping the future and people lives by visiting itecskills. dot ac dot uk/work-with-us
At Itec our employees have access to several great benefits, including 30 days annual leave, health care scheme, 35 hours working week, discounts for retail and gym membership, bonus scheme, life insurance, employee of the month awards, length of service recognition and much more.
Internal Quality Assurer (IQA) – Health and Social Care
At Itec we are recruiting an IQA to develop a team of Assessors to improve the quality of delivery across all learning programmes, ensuring high quality teaching, learning and assessment for all learners. Responsible for ensuring the company’s Internal Quality Assurance processes are rigorous and lead to continuous improvement, improved learner satisfaction and success rates across the team.
Salary Banding: £30,000 to £35,000
Location: Itec house, Cardiff, with opportunities for hybrid working
Contract type: Full time, perm
Working hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 4:30pm
What are the core responsibilities of this role?
- Responsible for developing a team of Assessors to improve the quality of delivery across all learning programmes
- To sample and verify activities to improve the progression and achievement of learners
- Responsible for ensuring that all IQA activities continually meet the needs of the learners, exceed the requirements of Awarding Organisations, Welsh Government, Estyn and Itec
- Manage an ongoing cycle of standardisation meetings for Assessors to ensure best practice is shared across all sectors
- Manage delivery models and other resources to embed a consistent and standardised approach to delivery
- Accountable for ensuring literacy and numeracy are embedded throughout the learning programme
- Accountable for ensuing Assessors embed the cross cutting themes of Safeguarding/Prevent, ESDGC, Wales the Language and Culture, Equality & Diversity and Health & Safety/Well-being
- Complete regular sampling of Assessor activity to ensure consistency across the team
- Ensure sampling is completed and turned around within the timescales set
- Know and understand what profiles are planned each month, planning to ensure the profiles are achieved.
- Monitor closely the ‘panel process’ to ensure all portfolios are accounted for
- Responsible for completing IQA reports, clearly, well written and with sufficient detailed to support and improve performance
- Participate in/manage EQA visits.
- Responsible for managing, planning and completing IQA observations of Assessors to ensure the IQA strategy is met
- Accountable for coaching and developing Assessors ensuring they are ‘excellent’ in their grading
- Ensure Assessors are supported, trained and developed with particular focus on those that are unqualified and those that have been graded ‘adequate or unsatisfactory’
- Ensure all staff are aware of developments in their occupational sector by way of self-study and research and CPD logs / records maintained
- Support the Quality Assurance Manager by identifying improvements to the IQA strategy through a processes of review to improve delivery and success rates
- Aid in the development of new qualifications and gain centre/scheme approval when necessary
- Accountable for the development of resources and learning materials to support a wide range of vocational and learning needs.
What skills and experience are we looking for from potential applicants?
· Assessor and IQA qualification
· Relevant occupational competence
· Experience of delivering training and support
· Full driving licence with use of own vehicle
· Experience and a proven track record of leading a team of IQAs
· Experience of co-ordinating EQA visits
· Been actively involved in an Estyn Inspection
This role is subject to a DBS check. The cost of the DBS check will be met by the company.
Itec operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions, or trade union membership.
Itec reserve the right to close this vacancy sooner if a large number of suitable applications are received. Therefore, we encourage early applications to ensure consideration for this post
Should you not hear from us 2 weeks after application, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
Work Location: In person