Craven College is an aspirational College set in friendly and inclusive rural campuses in Skipton within the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, at The Aviation Academy based airside at Leeds Bradford Airport and at Evolve in the heart of Ripon. We are a Good College (Ofsted 2018) and offer full-time courses for 16-18 year olds, outstanding apprenticeships, courses for young people with special educational needs, part-time courses and degree level courses with a mission statement of ‘enriching lives through learning’. Tyro Training is our commercial training division which offers a wide range of training courses for both individuals and businesses in Skipton.
We continuously invest in our excellent, industry standard facilities with a new £1.6m purpose-built Animal Management Centre on our Aireville Campus to be followed in 2022 by the construction of new equestrian facilities including an international sized arena and outdoor warm up area.
We are currently seeking to employ a motivated Hospitality Lecturer and Learning Development Advisor to deliver Apprenticeships both in the workplace and/or on college sites to meet delivery and quality assurance requirements. To ensure that target setting and monitoring of students leads to timely achievement of the Standard.
Key duties will involve managing a caseload of apprenticeship candidates and be responsible for monitoring candidates’ progress throughout the programme of study, to coach, train and instruct candidates either within college or in the workplace, to agree and review an individual learning plan with candidates, to provide relevant underpinning knowledge related to standards and to identify opportunities for candidates to demonstrate competence and collect evidence.
- Professionally qualified in the subject area;
- Teaching qualification to minimum Level 3 (Teaching Award in Education and Training) or equivalent (or willing to work towards);
- AI Assessor award or equivalent;
- Qualified to Level 2 (GCSE Grade A\*-C or equivalent) in English and maths (or willing to work towards completion within a specified time frame);
- An enthusiasm for hospitality and sharing knowledge;
- Recent relevant industrial experience;
- An excellent working knowledge of the subject area;
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative to meet the needs of the College;
- Ability to maintain relevant records and documentation accurately;
- Willingness and ability to undertake further professional development linked to the Department curriculum and College needs;
- Ability to achieve high standards working under pressure;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Current driving licence and use of car.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly college in North Yorkshire with fantastic facilities, excellent CPD opportunities and a great working and learning environment.
A disclosure check with the Disclosure & Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
For further information including a full job description and to apply, please visit our website.
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date on this occasion you have not been shortlisted. However please feel free to apply for futures roles as appropriate.