Position: Head of Quality and Compliance
Reporting to: Board of Directors
Salary: Salary iro £40k dependent on skills and experience
Position Type: Full Time or Job Share
Position Purpose: The post holder will take the lead on driving and promoting a consistently high level of quality and compliance strategy including the development and implementation of processes to promote and achieve a culture of continuous improvement across the whole business.
- You will take the lead on ESFA audits and internal quality assurance requirements in relation to regulatory body inspections including Ofsted. You will take on the role of Ofsted Nominee in the business and will work with the directors, senior management team and managers to ensure the ongoing improvement of our delivery, ensuring all areas of provision are at least ‘Good’ from an Ofsted perspective using your robust proven knowledge and understanding of the EIF.
- You will demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of outstanding good practice to promote and support a consistently high standard of learning, teaching and assessment across the business; to facilitate the generation and implementation of opportunities to improve the overall effectiveness of the organisation and those subcontractors/partners working with B-Skill.
- You will work with the directors, senior management team and managers to ensure the ongoing improvement of our delivery, ensuring all areas of provision are at least ‘Good’ from an Ofsted perspective using your robust proven knowledge and understanding of the EIF.
- You will work proactively with the executives, managers and compliance teams in the generation, utilisation and review of data and self-assessment reports to evaluate, advise, identify trends and support further improvement with informed decision making.
- Reporting to the Executive and Board, you will be the Designated Safeguarding & Prevent Lead providing professional advice to the safeguarding team and staff on safeguarding & Prevent matters covering all aspects of safeguarding & Prevent so it is embedded across all areas of provision.
- You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to share with our teams, learners, Employers, partners and sub-contractors B-Skill’s vision to become an outstanding training provider delivering work-based learning apprenticeships and classroom delivery work skills programmes.
Future Prospects - The post will become an executive position, once the candidate has successfully completed a six-month period of probation.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities
To include but are not limited to the following:
- To oversee the Data and Compliance Function, to meet the requirements of Funding bodies, agencies and Ofsted and supporting those staff directly responsible for data within the business.
- Lead the development and update of the SAR (Self-Assessment Report) driving input by all Operational Delivery Managers in a timely manner.
- Work with all Operational Delivery Managers to develop and maintain the QIP (Quality Improvement Plan) and actively drive its on-going update, implementation and monitoring to ensure improvements happen and are evidenced accordingly
- To oversee the independent internal quality checks of all paperwork across the business to ensure compliance with Ofsted, Funding Body and Awarding Body requirements
- Oversee and drive unannounced checks/audits on B-Skill learner files and paperwork, ensuring interim sampling, IQA field visits, support logs are completed, and regular feedback is given to LDC/tutors by IQA team
- Produce accurate and appropriately evidenced outcome reports from compliance visits which provide clear recommendations; assessing safeguarding, and health, safety and well-being practices and following up to ensure timely actions taken
- Oversee and advise on the performance of the quality management system and production of reports on performance against set standards
- Oversee and work with the Quality Assurance Manager to ensure the effective implementation of the B-Skill Improving Teaching Learning and Assessment policy.
- Manage Quality reviews of partners and sub-contractors including where necessary make unannounced visits, in line with B-Skill policy - a minimum of twice a year or more as required – and ensure H&S Vettings are completed timely by suitably competent staff at new sites and centres.
- Support the Quality Assurance Manager where required with the line management of the team members in relation to performance management, meeting KPIs, effectiveness and timeliness in their job role, personal development including 1-1 and development plans; leading by example by maintaining own CPD and seeking opportunities to develop the teams’ and own skills and experience
- Ensure that the Annual Quality Improvement Cycle is implemented and met in a timely manner
- Promote good working relationships with Awarding Bodies as appropriate; attend seminars and training events and disseminate guidance information to all staff as appropriate
- Produce timely and accurate reports to the Executive Team & Board as required
- Ensure the timely and accurate production of statistics and data to be submitted to ESFA, Ofsted and agencies
- Involvement in developing the Quality goals and targets in the organisation’s strategic plan
- Play your part in the promotion of our Company values and vision to all staff, associates, learners, employers and partners
- Lead/attend staff, team, business improvement and management meetings as required, and provide input as appropriate to support those processes
- Work with the Quality and Compliance Team to review and update documentation to ensure it remains ‘fit for purpose’
- Remain up to date in the field, including the areas of safeguarding and Prevent and the changing inspection agenda – and to proactively share with the executive and management teams.
- Work with the DPO who, is also the Data & Compliance Lead, to maintain confidentiality and follow all GDPR guidance and policy including advising/supporting the compliance team in all areas of data protection. You will ensure that the actions of all employees, associates, learners and partnership working complies with all GDPR requirements.
- Oversee the quality standards in relation to promoting B-Skill internally for example good house-keeping standards are met – signs, data, notice boards, cleanliness/tidiness in all Centres - is current and appropriate, and ensure these are addressed by the BI team
- Promote awareness, compliance and adherence to every aspect of health, safety and wellbeing across the business and across all sub-contractors and partners, and where there are concerns, report immediately to the Executive team
- Promote and drive awareness and understanding of Safeguarding & Prevent, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion and work with operational managers across every aspect of delivery to ensure it is embedded
- Oversee the effectiveness of CIAG across all areas of provision
- Oversee the effective delivery of Functional skills Maths, English & ICT across all areas of provision and operational Centres
- Deal with any escalated complaints that require investigation in line with the Company Complaints policy, keeping the Executive team advised of investigations and actions taken.
- The post holder may be required to undertake other such responsibilities as are reasonably commensurate with the status of this post.
- Experience in a Quality role within the Education sector is essential
- Robust knowledge and a proven track record of working as a Nominee under the EIF, and successfully taking the company through Ofsted Inspections and monitoring visits
- Promoting an understanding of outstanding practice in order to encourage and support a consistently high standard of learning, teaching and assessment
- Leading a team and driving improvement
- Persuading experienced but sometimes reluctant staff to change their way of working to incorporate quality methods
- Broad knowledge/understanding of quality systems and procedures
- Proven track record and experience in the post 16 education sector, preferably work based learning
- Worked with ESFA/Ofsted/Funding Bodies/Awarding Bodies, Employers and Partners and experience of leading Audits.
- Extensive knowledge of Curriculum and Curriculum development to support the Quality Assurance Manager and operational managers on its development across all areas of provision.
- Experience and understanding of MIS systems with the ability to interpret complex information
- Promoting and driving quality and performance improvement across the organisation
- Highly developed inter-personal and communication skills
- Be a good leader, driving processes and instil urgency in low performing staff
- Be positive, persuasive and influential
- Have a methodical approach, paying attention to detail
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom
- Must be clean, smart and presentable always
- This is a National post, the post holder will be expected to travel
About B-Skill Ltd
Born in the Millennium year of 2000, B-Skill was conceived with a forward-looking vision and a firm belief that everyone, given the right learning opportunities and support in life, can realise their full potential. The opportunity exists for a challenging and rewarding career in an exciting industry and in a company, which is making a significant contribution to the training and development of people.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. B-Skill takes very seriously our obligations in respect of Equality, Diversity & Inclusion and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
B-Skill is also committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and adults, we expect all staff, associates, volunteers, and delivery partners to share this commitment.
Our vision statement:
“B-Skill are passionate about engaging employers and supporting learners to raise aspirations and achieve goals. People are at the heart of our success and we use learning to encourage all people to take pride in their own special contribution to society. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to recognise the opportunities that are available to them and reach their full potential.”
Unleash your excellence today!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £40,000.00 per year
- Additional leave
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid volunteer time
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Work from home
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Quality assurance: 3 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Gateshead