Head of Internal Communications
Guildford / Milton Keynes: £60,000 - 64,000
Manchester: £58,000 - 62,000
Excited by complexity and change?
Enjoy business partnering at Executive level?
Love developing your own team and seeing them flourish?
As an experienced internal communications business partner you're confident interfacing at senior leadership level. You're not afraid of being hands-on, you're as comfortable creating content as you are coaching senior leaders. You're down to earth and pragmatic - a doer as well as a thinker.
You understand that relationships are key, utilising your interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence to work effectively with a range of stakeholders including content and channels specialists to deliver high class, impactful communication. Simultaneously, you can manage a team of four talented Communications Business Partners, supporting and encouraging them with your inclusive style.
AQA is executing on an ambitious strategy to respond to the changing needs of learners. Aligned with this, you'll relish working in a fast-paced environment and know how to navigate change and ambiguity. All the time keeping in mind AQA's charitable purpose of enabling millions of students to achieve their potential every year.
We're looking for someone who believes passionately in our purpose of never letting a learner down, who can connect at all levels of the organisation and who will not be phased when carefully laid plans are thrown into the air at the last minute!
To be successful in this role you'll need to:
- have significant experience of developing and delivering internal communication strategies.
- understand how to develop a suite of metrics that measures impact.
- be comfortable working in a changeable environment - embracing the challenge of a rapidly evolving organisation.
- be confident working autonomously as well as in a team, knowing how to work to outcomes and to delegate effectively.
- be able to influence and build a rapport with a diverse range of stakeholders.
At AQA we recognise our employees' contribution and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package. This includes:
- 25 days' annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
- 35 hour working week
- Excellent contributory pension (6% - 11.5% dependent on employee contribution)
- Life assurance
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme offering support with counselling, legal advice and money matters
- Access to Learning space, a modern Learning Management System, providing an environment for self-directed learning from high quality e-learning content
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest free travel loans
How to apply
Please upload your CV and covering letter via our AQA job portal.
Applications will be reviewed as we receive them and if a suitable candidate is identified, we reserve the right to close our advert sooner.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes people unique.
AQA is committed to the safeguarding of children and adults at risk. We're dedicated to reducing the risk of employing or contracting any person intent on abusing their position of trust, along with identifying and responding to any incident of alleged abuse from its employees or associates fairly and swiftly. For more information on safeguarding at AQA please visit the AQA website.
As an employer we are moving towards a more agile way of working, including a balance of office working and home working.
We have a preferred supplier list (PSL) in place.
Unsolicited CVs will be treated as a gift. We will not be subject to or liable under your terms and conditions for agency fees.
- Agile Methodology
- Delegation Skills
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Internal Communications
- Interpersonal Skills