Applicants should have experience in educating young people or children in a formal educational setting and a passion for education's benefits.
- Full-time, permanent post
£40,323 to £44,062, depending upon qualifications and experience.
- Closing date
16th December 2022.
Do you have a passion for supporting learners to achieve their potential? Are you looking for a more flexible role that will suit your personal circumstances? Have you always wanted to live and work within an area of natural beauty and vibrant culture?
Applicants should have experience in educating young people or children in a formal educational setting and a passion for education's benefits. You should have high expectations of what our learners can achieve and the learning opportunities that the Faculty can provide. This will require partnerships working across sectors at many levels. The skills and experience necessary to collaborate with other providers are key to this role and a theme throughout provision at Kendal College.
Applicants should be confident in developing and managing experienced and new, teaching and support staff; and bring their own expertise to learners through a limited teaching load, which should model best practices in education.
- Provide consistently high standards of student experience and progress throughout areas of responsibility.
- Ensure the area of responsibility is sustainable and contributes to the college’s financial health and environmental goals.
- Provide operational leadership within areas of responsibility.
- Implement the policies, procedures, and curriculum design agreed upon by the Senior Leadership Team.
- Inspire quality improvement and curriculum innovation throughout areas of responsibility, including responsibility for sector-specific advice to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Develop and deliver a curriculum responsive to national and local priorities, ensuring positive student outcomes.
- All staff are responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Why choose us?
Set within the breathtaking UNESCO World Heritage site of the Lake District, Kendal College is a FE college that consistently punches above its weight on the national stage. Under the leadership of our new Principal, the college is embarking on a series of bold steps to grow the college and remain a top-notch education provider for Cumbria and the North West region. Our students focus on their learning, achieve high levels of attainment and consistently give us high satisfaction ratings. The college recognises the wellbeing of its staff as a priority, as well as ensuring that excellent work is appropriately recognised and that a healthy work-life balance is maintained.
What we offer
- A generous holiday entitlement.
- Seven efficiency days per year (pro rata) in addition to your hard-earned holiday allocation.
- A college committed to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Collaborative working within our departments and campuses to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop.
- A college that promotes and supports flexible working.
- On-site canteens with locally sourced ingredients.
- A Cycle to Work scheme.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to support your students.
- A comprehensive staff awards, rewards and wellbeing scheme.
What we're looking for
- Level 3 qualification and/or five years relevant industry experience in a sector within the faculty.
- Recognised teaching qualification.
- The capacity to work towards a relevant level 5 qualification.
- Management qualification.
- A degree/level 4 qualification or equivalent.
- Up-to-date experience teaching in the FE Sector, delivering high standards of the student experience.
- Working in or managing an area of the curriculum within the faculty.
- Involvement in the delivery of high-quality 16-18 study programmes.
- Professional experience in one or more of the sectors included within the faculty.
- Previous successful management experience.
- Recent industrial (or equivalent) experience in one or many sectors within the Faculty.
- Involvement in the delivery of high-quality apprenticeships and/or Higher education programmes.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good IT skills, including the handling and interpretation of data.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to manage and motivate people.
- Good interpersonal skills for effective working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Understand and communicate the contemporary issues with the sectors represented in the job role and associated curriculum.
- Effective presentation skills to diverse audiences, including students, parents, employers and other stakeholders.
- Suitable character for working with children and vulnerable adults.
- Critical analysis of the contemporary issues with the sectors represented in the job role and associated curricula.
Kendal College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent