We know that a business only thrives if our people are thriving. That’s why we always put our people first. Our global and diverse team would be happy to support you and challenge you to grow in many ways. Who knows where our joint journey will take you?
We're looking for someone to support our Head of Entry Level Talent (ELT) Programmes in the delivery of the Siemens Mobility STEM strategy and support our long-term vision of providing a targeted STEM outreach program that will attract a diverse talent pipeline through different educational pathways.
This is a key support role within the ELT Programmes team and will cover all areas of the STEM career path, including work experience, and entry into our portfolio of apprenticeships. The role offers a great opportunity for someone with some experience in these fields to join the team and begin a career path to growth.
You'll be based near to either Chippenham or Northampton
and expected to be in the office 2-3 days per week and supported to work at home and travel where necessary.
You'll make an impact by
- Supporting the planning that will outline the offering, support, and resources that the ELT Programmes team offers in addition to guidance for volunteers conducting STEM engagement in their local area
- Playing a key role in planning STEM related activities
- Developing STEM hubs to help target and focus engagement at a national and local level
- Leading on large scale/regional events to support attraction, including supporting the development of policies/processes that align to each and how volunteers and students are kept safe
- Supporting the STEM Ambassadors and work to ensure service is used to compliment STEM engagement
- Managing centralised resources for employees for easy access to STEM related tools and materials
- Working closely with the Diversity, Inclusion & Community Manager to understand and develop opportunities to increase the diversity of our apprentice intake and support implementation
- Evolving the existing approach to STEM volunteering opportunities and how they are advertised, including the sign-up process and tracking
- Supporting business tenders and bids on STEM related criteria
- Developing regular reporting to share with the business, provide progress updates, and highlight key breakthroughs and achievements
- Supporting relevant business areas with work experience placements and coordinating central records
- Assisting with the review of all ELT programmes
Support the ELT programmes team to:
- Standardise the ELT programmes across Siemens Mobility where appropriate
- Maintain and develop innovative delivery models for each of the ELT / Talent programmes in support of delivering each programme
- Work with the ELT recruitment and selection specification and provide feedback and influence P&O TA to continuously improve the selection process
Support the Head of ELT Programmes to:
- Identify and build relationships with relevant colleges and specialist training providers to deliver Siemens Mobility’s ELT / Talent Programme requirements, ensuring they meet the required standards
- Identify and create relationships with specialist technology providers to ensure learning experience is leading edge and compatible with the culture of Millennials and Gen Z
Development opportunities in role
- Working closely with the ELT Program Managers to broaden wider ELT knowledge across all workstreams
You’re excited to build on your existing expertise, including;
- Proven experience in STEM, or Entry Level Talent initiatives and activities (crucial)
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels (crucial)
- Customer focused (crucial)
- Able to work on own initiative and take ownership of tasks, actions, and decisions (crucial)
- Excellent time management skills (crucial)
- Experience in facilitating ELT programmes
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.