Competitive salary dependent on level of qualification and experience
Contract Type: Permanent and Full time Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Mon - Fri - 8am - 4pm
We have an excellent reputation for delivering education and work-based learning programmes in a range of subjects - from Mechanical Engineering, Motor Vehicle, Fabrication & Welding and Electrical Diplomas up to Level 3.
Our experienced and passionate staff work hard to help our students achieve their personal challenges and career goals. We are committed to making the off the job training (via the one day Centre based release day) experience the best it can be.
Are you fully qualified in electrical installation? Do you have industry experience and current knowledge of industry working practices and techniques relevant to the building services engineering environment? Are you willing to share this knowledge and instil it into the future generation of electrical installers? If the answer is yes to any or all of the above, then our current job vacancy may be the one for you......
Our Apprenticeship Team have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Tutor & Assessor to support with the delivery and assessment of our Level 2 & 3 Electrical Installation apprenticeship programmes at our Pyle Centre. Working closely with the Apprenticeship Team, your roles and responsibilities will include supporting cohorts of learners to achieve their aim of becoming fully qualified electricians. You will be required to teach and assess the knowledge, skills and behaviours identified within the qualifications and apprenticeship scheme. In addition, you will be responsible for building relations with employers and undertaking on-site assessments, which in turn will further enhance the apprentices’ workplace learning experience, ensuring that apprentices are gaining the range of work to qualify.
This role will include teaching within the classroom and assessing on site.
Key Tasks And Responsibilities
- Deliver the work-based element of the apprenticeships, including on-site assessment observations.
- Deliver the knowledge element of the apprenticeship, Centre based.
- Liaise with staff delivering other elements of the apprenticeship, including learning support and Essential Skills Wales, to ensure an effective holistic programme for the apprentice.
- Conduct effective reviews with the learner and employer to ensure progress of learners is reviewed effectively and communicated to employers • Accurate recording of learner progress, attendance and other learner records including use of Smart Assessor
- Relevant experience working within industry and/or apprenticeship provision
- Qualification at Level 3 Electrotechnical Installations (Building and Services)
- PGCE/Cert Ed
- Assessors Qualification
- IT literate to include Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to work under pressure in a high-performance environment
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate, Enhanced with Children’s Barred list check, as a requirement of the job and be registered with EWC.
Job Type: Full-time
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person