Electronic Engineering Assessor
Permanent, Part Time 18.5 hours per week (2.5 days)
Salary £25,678 - £32,422 per annum, pro rata (Dependent onSkills, Qualifications & Experience)
Campus: Chippenham or Salisbury, Wiltshire
About the Role
Within our Engineering department we are currently looking for an Electronic Engineering Assessor with preferably an Electrical/Electronic bias (but not essential), on a part time, 2.5 days per week basis. There may be some potential to increase to a FT post in the future if/when numbers dictate there to be a need (to be discussed at interview).
Working within our busy Engineering Department you will work with our assessing and teaching team to provide support to our students during their apprenticeship journey at their employer locations and to help them to maximise their potential.
You will also provide outstanding training, support and assessment of the programmes and the vocational/workplace elements of the apprenticeship standards to achieve timely completion. As well as working with the learner you will maintain effective partnerships with employers and curriculum teams.
Other aspects of the role will include-
- The accurate and timely completion of learner’s start, review, and completion paperwork.
- Administer and assess initial assessments/skills scans when required to do so.
- Carry out learner inductions as agreed with line manager.
- Complete awarding organisation documents related to qualification registration and achievement.
- The development of individual learning plans for each learner that fully supports the agreed timescales of either their NVQ programmes, or competence elements of overall apprenticeship programme.
- Maintain records of individual learner progress by way of regular progress reviews in line with college and ESFA guidelines.
- Manage own diary and travel so that you effectively support your caseload of leaners from start to finish of their training programmes.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with learners, relevant employers, and curriculum staff.
- Hybrid working options giving the opportunity to mix working from home and campus
To apply for the role, you will preferably be a qualified (but not essential) Engineering Assessor (preferably electrical/electronic) with an engineering qualification (minimum level 3). You will preferably have experience within a similar position and be a strong communicator who is able to engage with and inspire learners.
For further details on this role or for a discussion on opportunities with Wiltshire College please contact the recruitment team at
Wiltshire College and University Centre plays a vital role in Wiltshire’s economy, inspiring people to develop the skills they need to achieve. Our five campuses are learning hubs in their communities, and we aspire to be an outstanding, financially robust and commercially agile provider, achieving our clear social mission on behalf of leaners and employers across Wiltshire and beyond. Our turnover is around £35 million per annum, we employ some 800 staff, and support around 13,000 students.
Closing date: 06/12/22
Please note that vacancies may close early if sufficient applications have been received; therefore, we would encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
Should you be successful we will require you to provide evidence of your qualifications as part of the onboarding process, you will also be required to obtain and maintain a Disclosure and Barring Certificate (DBS), enhanced with children’s barred list check.
At Wiltshire College and University Centre we value diversity, and we recognise that people with different backgrounds bring different perspectives, ideas, knowledge, and culture, and that this difference brings great strength. We are committed to the protection of young people and vulnerable adults and to safeguarding and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are proudly accredited to the Disability Confident Employer award, part of this means a commitment to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for a job vacancy and consider them on their abilities.