PwC is one of the world’s leading Professional Services organisations who advise some of the most successful organisations, entrepreneurs and private businesses on a range of services including Audit, Risk, Tax and Consulting. We are innovative and driven to deliver to our clients while meeting our purpose of building trust in society and solving important problems. We strive to be a great place to work for our employees and offer career defining and development opportunities across all our teams. Our Business Solutions teams provide a vital role, making sure we have all the right resources, services and technology to be the leading firm. These teams play a key role in helping the firm go to market quickly, making it easier for our people to do their jobs and delivering exceptional value to the rest of the business. The Early Career team sits within our People Solutions team. A career in our People Solutions team, within the Business Solutions function, will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference at PwC by helping to fully leverage the skills and talents of all our people. You’ll support in driving the Firm’s people strategy, creating a unique people experience for each individual, and supporting our Firm wide values by working with the core competencies that measure and drive individual and Firm wide success in the marketplace.
Who we are
PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP is one of the world’s leading Professional Services organisations who advise some of the most successful organisations, entrepreneurs and private businesses on a range of services including Assurance, Tax, Consulting and Acquisitions.
To support our team of over 24,000 people within the UK we have a strong People Solutions (HR) team who provide professional advice to our people managers, and guide our business stakeholders through operational HR activities delivering a consistent & professional service that enables and enhances business performance.
About the role
Early Careers Advisors sit within our Early Careers team. The Early Careers team focuses on the firm's Early Careers population across all pathways.
The Early Careers team is accountable for delivering all Professional Qualification (PQ) and wider HR support to a significant proportion of the employee population including c. 7,500 employees in the First Five Years (FFY) population of which c. 4,800 are on a formal PQ pathway. This includes exam support, pastoral care, Career Coach support, pay and progression review and processing, managing transfer window for Senior Associates (SAs), and specific early years health and wellbeing support.
The team is responsible, alongside the CoE, for setting the firm's overall strategic direction of the FFY population and holding accountability for overall operational delivery of FFY activity.
This Advisor role will hold specific FFY responsibilities within the team and will support the Consulting line of service with the people agenda, partnering directly with business stakeholders to advise on policies, progression pathways, cyclical activities, and people matters regarding the Consulting FFY population.
First Five Years: Supporting the graduate pathway population up to Manager grade, managing cyclical activities which include identifying the correct populations for moderation meetings and talent review groups and attending these meetings, understanding this population and validating data to ensure accuracy, regular monitoring and processing of promotions and liaising with stakeholders in regards to these, conducting disciplinary meetings where students have not met the required competence level, and supporting career coaching in all aspects of students performance, coaching and wellbeing.
The role can be based in any PwC UK office.
Successful applicant would ideally have:
- Previous experience in a generalist role at HR Advisor or Senior HR Administrator level. Experience in professional services/large corporates would be advantageous.
- Commercial understanding of the business and how HR can enhance performance via the people agenda
- Strong excel/google sheets skills and proven experience demonstrating ability to efficiently manipulate and interpret high volumes of data
- Technically curious – desire to develop own digital intelligence and capabilities, and support the adoption of technologies to support the business and People Solutions
- Ability to embrace opportunities for change that can add value to People Solutions, the business and align to the firm's people strategy
- Strong project management and organisational skills, to manage high volumes of work, often within tight deadlines
- Ability to plan ahead within the cyclical calendar to provide proactive HR support to the business
- Ability to challenge and realign work away from the Early Careers team where necessary
- High standard of written documentation, and previous experience of producing professional and robust letters and reports
- Communicate/interact effectively with employees/career coaches while displaying empathy and courtesy
- Strong interpersonal/consulting skills, working effectively at all levels of the organisation
- Strong attention to detail