Job Profile Summary
At bp, we’re reimagining energy for people and our planet. We have a bold ambition to be a net zero company by 2050 or sooner, and help the world get to net zero. Ensuring that we attract, employ and retain the right talent is a critical part of getting there.
The Early Careers (EC) team within Leadership & Culture (L&C) defines our strategy for the early careers talent across bp (graduates and apprentices), working in close partnership with our colleagues in Talent Acquisition and Matching (TA&M).
The L&C EC team partners with the business to determine long term strategy for this critical talent pool, as well as annual demand, and manages the end-to-end early careers development programmes and engagement activities for all entities, disciplines and regions.
About the opportunity:
We are now looking for a Leadership & Culture Specialist, who will have responsibility for leading a global programme, region/country specific leadership of early careers in location as well as responsibility for delivering projects that span all our programmes.
This is a global role and the team is based across the world with team members in the United Kingdom, Europe, America and Asia Pacific. It is also a varied and exciting role, involving operational delivery, creativity, and connection to the business.
The role will be based in the United Kingdom (either Sunbury or Aberdeen office), and we're adopting the hybrid working solution, meaning this position would be split between remote and office working.
About the role:
In more detail, some of your key accountabilities will be to:
Global programme leadership - Specialists within the EC team will lead on one of more of the programmes within our early careers portfolio – examples of programmes include Engineering, Digital, Apprenticeships
- Develop relationships with stakeholders across People & Culture (P&C) and within the business
- Partner with stakeholders to determine the strategic direction of early careers talent for all programme touch points
- Lead the implementation, and ongoing delivery, of our centralised Early Careers playbook including managing rotations, graduations, demand planning and community building
- Manage programme governance mechanisms
- Maintain links and connections to other programmes, to ensure consistency
- Work in close partnership with Future Skills & Learning (FS&L) and / or Safety & Operations Learning (S&OL) for technical learning paths and training
- Partner with TA&M on demand, hiring and interns
- Support the education of business leaders and the P&C team on our early careers approach
Country and region responsibility
- Regional and/or country lead to provide specific early careers leadership including onboarding, in-country engagement sessions and demand planning
- Lead any country and region-specific projects (e.g., apprentice approach, or specific Diversity, Equity & Inclusion activity)
- Local touchpoint for business leaders, P&C partnering and local TA&M colleagues to support on specific country / region activity
Cross bp early careers activities (spanning all programmes)
- Lead work that touches on all our early careers programmes – for example the global demand planning approach, early careers line manager capability, bp wide comms and competitions, onboarding approach or data and metrics
You are an individual who enjoys working in a fun, fast-paced team. You are able to cope with change and ambiguity, and quickly change gear and direction. You also have willingness to work in global team and foster collaborative and virtual.
It would be useful that you have:
- Specific early careers experience – acquisition or development / management
- Experience in implementation and delivery of talent programmes or initiatives
- Understanding of apprenticeships, and experience of managing apprentice programmes
- Application of talent KPIs and analytics
- P&C business partnering experience
- Learning design skills
- Learning management skills and experience of learning software
In term of key skills, you will also have:
- Strong programme management skills – ability to manage a global programme involving multiple stakeholders, different cultures and various time zones; ability to create and deliver against project plans and manage risks and issues
- Great stakeholder engagement skills - ability to develop, high quality, trust-based relationships and work collaboratively, both in person and virtually
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), including the ability to adapt your style for different audiences
- Good facilitation skills - confident to facilitate sessions, both virtually and in-person
Why join our team?
We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to crafting an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, collaboration spaces in a modern office environment, and many others benefits!
Reinvent your career as you help our business meet the challenges of the future. Apply now!
EntityPeople & Culture
Job Family GroupHR Group
Travel requiredYes - up to 10%
About BPPEOPLE & CULTURE
People & culture discovers, empowers and cares for brilliant people, and so can you. Together, we can build and enable our culture, emotionally connected leaders and dynamic teams – and help our company achieve its purpose for people and our planet.
Join us and work closely with our business by:
• always putting our people first, understanding and responding to their needs, supporting their health, wellbeing and recognising them for great work
• hiring and developing talented people and empowering them to progress
• enabling an inclusive and agile culture, where our teams thrive and add value
• developing emotionally connected leaders who continuously learn, put others first and enable everyone to be at their best
• creating energising workplaces that enable collaboration and innovation.
Legal disclaimerWe are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.