This is a flexible role with sessional, part time and potentially full-time opportunities available dependent upon availability and experience
- Access to Additional Annual Leave
- Access to NUS/TOTUM Discount
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Annual Travel Passes Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Helpline
- Kia Car Scheme
File type:pdf File type:docx
Contract: This is a flexible role with sessional, part time and potentially full-time opportunities available dependent upon availability and experience.
Nottingham College is one of the largest further education colleges in the country creating opportunities for employment and progression to higher education for the people, raising their prosperity and that of the local economy.
Within Employer Services, our Workskills E-learning Team, we aim to develop the potential in people and “transform lives through learning” through the flexibility of a range of distance learning courses.
We have an exciting opportunity to recruit multiple E-learning Tutors to join our growing Workskills Team, with a passion and focus on developing the potential in people.
Learners self-refer and apply for online courses advertised on the College website to enrol on a course, at which point they are contacted, to ensure the course is the right one they wish to study. We get a mix of adult learners, majority working and some unemployed individuals wishing to enhance their knowledge and skill.
You will be responsible for providing support, feedback, guidance to learners on distance-learning courses, marking assessments; providing robust feedback and ensuring regular contact is maintained until learners have successfully completed their chosen course. The role will involve the use of various platforms to ensure monitoring of all learner records, progress and reporting are kept up to date.
Applicants will have a genuine desire to help and support learners through their course and will be expected to have a Level 3 qualification as a minimum with experience within subject specific areas (or equivalent). You must have excellent communication and IT skills and the ability to inspire learners through effective personalised teaching.
You will be working in a great team supported by the Workskills Manager and Skills Commissioning Manager.
We have a range of Level 1 and Level 2 certificate courses that individuals can complete, and you be able to support specific learners enrolled on the following:
- Self-Harm, Suicide Awareness & Prevention
- Awareness in Mental Health Problems
- Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Difficulties
- Understanding Behaviour that Challenges
- Caring for Children and Young People
- Understanding Children and Young People's Mental Health
- Understanding Specific Learning Disabilities
- Understanding Common Childhood Illnesses
- Counselling Skills
- Understanding Dignity and Safeguarding in Adult Health & Social Care
- Understanding Safeguarding, Prevent & British Values
- Principles of Dementia Care
- Principles of End-of-Life Care
- Preparing to work in Adult Social Care
- Safe Handling of Medication in Health & Social Care
- Principles of Care Planning
- Prevention and Control of Infection in Health & Social Care Settings
- Falls Prevention Awareness
- Common Health Conditions
- Understanding Nutrition and Health
- Improving Personal Exercise, Health & Nutrition
- Understanding Environmental Sustainability
- Event Planning
- Equality and Diversity
- Information, Advice or Guidance
- Digital Skills in Employment
- IT User Skills
- Lean Organisation Management Techniques
- Principles of Business Administration
- Principles of Customer Service
- Principles of Team Leading
- Principles of Warehousing
- Functional Skills Mathematics
- Functional Skills English
If you are attracted to the role and would like to discuss the possibility of variable hours contract, please do contact us.
For further details on this post which the job description and person specification cannot answer for you, please contact Sharon Isaacs, Skills Commissioning Manager at email \email@example.com
Interviews will be held on 28th November 2022
Our values mean we work together, as One Team. As One Team in our commitment to creating an inclusive environment, promoting inclusivity and respect with a culture that supports our college community of staff and students to achieve their full potential and celebrate all aspects of diversity. Achieving our aim to be an employer of choice will be through striving to lead an environment that is free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation.
We believe that a diverse workforce leads to an organisation that is more innovative, more creative and gets better results. We want our workforce to represent the diversity of the people and communities that we serve. We also want our workplace to be one where different experiences, expertise and perspectives are valued and where everyone is encouraged to grow and develop. We are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that successful candidates may need.
Nottingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks including employer references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.