Through education, people can transform their lives and reach career goals. learndirect has been empowering individuals to reach the height of their potential for many years, with a forward-thinking digital approach.
As the UK’s leading online learning provider, we have helped millions of learners gain qualifications that have led to exciting careers. Our work is to empower, inspire, and transform lives through flexible education made accessible to all.
From Access to Higher Education Diplomas and GCSEs to animal courses and accredited dental nursing qualifications, we offer education to individuals from all backgrounds and at any stage of their life and career.
Through partnerships with industry-leading providers in multiple sectors, learndirect has helped more than 4.5 million learners get the qualifications they need.
With rapid expansion well underway, you could become a part of the online solution to educational needs.
To lead and manage a growing national Delivery function in a fast-paced Education company and ensure we are delivering consistent, high-quality training for our learners. This role is a large visible role in the organisation and the role holder will have significant experience in Education, either commercially or another relevant organisation. The role balances learner outcomes and commercial objectives with our passion for ensuring our learners achieve to the best of their capability.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Lead a team of Tutors, Assessors, and trainers across a range of Faculties (subjects), ensuring the learner journey is high quality and consistent.
- Design and implement consistent processes that extend to our Associate (freelancer) base, ensuring our Delivery standards are extended to them.
- Provide regular CPD opportunities and events for our Staff, ensuring they are equipped with the training and support required to implement the standards you define.
- Implement consistent management and working practices across all Faculties, that define how learndirect operates to a very high standard across its subject areas.
- Setup and manage the team against Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) that provide a ‘best in class’ experience for our learners. These range from response times to subject accuracy, teaching effectiveness and learner outcomes across a range of programmes.
- Manage the Delivery of our programmes to an agreed budget, ensuring we are within expected spend and you apply commercial acumen in how you manage the team.
- Design and implement a Quality framework across the team that is used to assess the compliance and standards to which we operate.
- Represent and champion Delivery & Quality in acquisitions. This will involve integrating teams in to our world class learner platforms, ensuring training and operating processes are followed and enforcing our high standards.
- The role holder must be comfortable in driving improvements using technology. We are a Digital by design organisation, taking every opportunity to improve the learner experience in everything we do.
- To contribute to the positive reputation and profile of the business by proactively engaging in industry specific marketing and promotional activities.
What we are looking for in you:
- Experience in managing Delivery teams in an Education environment.
- Experience in managing to strict KPI’s and have driven material improvement in performance as a result.
- A strong communicator, verbally and comfortable presenting to and leading large groups.
- Operationally focused, with experience in applying Quality standards from Awarding Organisations.
- Adaptable and able to work at fast paced and frequently alters, requiring a professional ability to adapt to different approaches.
- Experience in managing Awarding Organisation/Awarding Body relationships and maintaining high standards.
- A strong line manager, using data and KPI’s to drive performance and seeks qualitative inputs to balance learner experience with staff satisfaction.
- Qualification at degree level
- Strong communicator
- Comfortable driving performance through KPI’s, targets and objective-setting.
- Able to deliver a difficult message
- Strong negotiation skills to overcome operational challenges with creative solutions
- Ideally your experience is within a commercial education.
- Ideally you have designed KPI’s and implemented them in a previous role.
- Ideally you have education-related professional qualifications in a relevant subject.
KPI’s of the job role:
- Assignments marked within specified KPI’s.
- Learner outcomes at or above national average for the subject area.
- Staff satisfaction in Delivery is maintained or improved on the result from the previous quarter.
- Tutor responses to learners are within specified KPI’s.
- Learner NPS for the ‘on programme’ stage is industry leading for the Faculty sector, with action plans owned by this role for key strategic initiatives.
- Observations carried out on 100% of permanent employees within 6 months of appointment.
- Quality improvement plans in place for all Faculties and reviewed annually, with successful EQA visits as a measure.
- Awarding organisation adherence and compliance is maintained across Faculties, with clear visibility of improvements being driven so we are industry leading in our Quality.
- Spend on costs across the Delivery and Quality teams is on or better than budget.
- Cohorts maintain agreed profitability targets and any variance is managed to an agreed exception process.
Why work with us?
- Complete a course of your choice after your probation period
- Excellent holiday allowance plus bank holidays – to include one extra day’s holiday for your birthday / appreciation day
- £50 Amazon thank you Voucher for your birthday
- Company pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Perkbox Corporate Perks
- Refer a friend scheme
- Inclusive culture and positive working environment
- Staff social events
We are an equal opportunity employer, always looking for the right talent based on merit for every position. learndirect believes passionately in including all employees equally in the learndirect culture and mission. We actively encourage diversity of thought and champion our talented individuals.