Windsor Forest College Group is looking for a Curriculum Lead Foundation to join the Langley team on a full time basis.
Foundation Langley is a growing department. We are working hard to improve the quality of the service and to develop our previous Ofsted grade 3 Requires Improvement to grade 1 Outstanding. The present post holder contributed to the positive growth and development of the courses but has withdrawn from the additional responsibility for personal reasons. We need to continue the fast pace of development, particularly within the Teaching and Learning to maintain and develop the quality of our offer to Learners. The new post holder will be able to maintain the areas of development and implement further adaptations and improvements alongside the HoD. Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to the following:
- To lead a high performing, efficient learning area, ensuring high levels of student achievement and progression and high levels of student satisfaction.
- To deliver an annual set of KPIs as agreed with the Vice Principal and Head of Department.
- To promote high standards of teaching, learning and assessment across the curriculum.
- To oversee the skills and professional development of Foundation students working across several different curriculum areas.
- To undertake quality improvement activities to support the curriculum area needs and promote new ways of learning.
- To lead the strategic growth of the curriculum area in all areas of provision to include funded and commercial courses.
- To grow and develop the commercial operations within the area to meet the needs of industry and offer industry placement opportunities for all students.
- To promote the strong, positive reputation of the curriculum area and the college, through relationships with external stakeholders, schools and parents.
- To work collaboratively and innovatively with staff to ensure a culture of self-assessment and continuous improvement.
For further details on this role please refer to the attached job description/person specification.
The Windsor Forest Colleges Group (TWFCG) is a leading education provider in the South-East. Our staff work across 4 main campuses at Langley, Windsor, Strodes-Egham and Berkshire College of Agriculture-Maidenhead. Our teams place the learner at the heart of all we do and in our state-of-the-art learning environments we are proud to deliver education and training to a diverse group of students and businesses each year.
This role offers a term-time / full time position to be based at BCA/Strodes
Our staff benefit from:
- Generous non-working day entitlement
- Access to excellent defined benefit pension schemes
- Access to a wide range of subsidised leisure courses
- Free on-site parking at all sites
- Family friendly policies to support Work Life Balance
- On-site Coffee Shop & Cafeteria
- Various health & wellbeing benefits including discounted gym memberships, confidential staff counselling and discounted hair and beauty treatments at The Salon at our Langley College site
Please be advised that the vacancy will close on Monday 4th December 2023.
Interviews to be confirmed.
To apply please visit our careers page and complete the online application form.
Please ensure you pay particular attention to the supporting statement of the online application form making sure to include details of how you meet each of the essential criteria listed on the person specification.
- Applications will be shortlisted on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to interview and appoint before this closing date. We therefore encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and Barred List check along with other legally required checks which are an essential part of the safeguarding process.