To ensure effective delivery of apprenticeships via the development of innovative curriculum strategies and engaging learning programmes across the relevant sector. Interpreting requirements of the apprenticeship standards, qualifications and employer needs to develop curriculum plans, resources and documentation for delivery by a range of methods.
We are recruiting three roles to cover the following sectors:
- Financial services
Candidates must have experience in delivering or quality assuring apprenticeship programmes in one of the three sectors detailed above. Experience in curriculum and content design would be advantageous as would experience in SCORM authoring.
Location is flexible and the applicant would be based at one of our campuses
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development of new programmes in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to include planning, creation and implementation of curriculum and learning resources
- The identification and utilisation of new and innovative approaches to delivery and learning.
- Work closely with key stakeholders, both internal and external to identify and embed additionality and added value to our programmes.
- Create a cycle of continuous improvement for all programmes created, ensuring that they remain current in line with IfATE, Ofsted and customer requirements.
- Create quality assurance model for all programmes produced in collaboration with the quality manager/advisors.
- Run launch sessions for internal stakeholders; Quality, operations, business development.
- Work with marketing team in the production and updating of marketing collateral.
- Promotion and embedding of health & safety, British Values, Wellbeing, Prevent and Equality & Diversity in the development of programmes.
- Manage feedback gathering from delivery staff, quality teams, learners and employers to ensure that programmes created are meeting the needs of all stakeholders.
- Contribute to the external inspection and accreditation process and events.
- Manage own CPD to stay up to date with current methods and practice, both education and sector based.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Professional qualification in relevant subject/sector specialism
- Demonstrable understanding of the apprenticeship sector and current Education Inspection Framework and other regulatory frameworks in relation to programme design, implementation and delivery.
- Experience in designing and implementing learning programmes using a range of methods.
- Experience in the use of LMS systems and e-portfolios
- Teaching qualification or L&D equivalent
- IQA qualification
- Experience in the use of learning authoring tools
The Curriculum Developer will also be expected to demonstrate their commitment:
- to GBS values and regulations, including equal opportunities policy.
- the GBS’s Social, Economic and Environmental responsibilities and minimise environmental impact in the performance of the role and actively contribute to the delivery of GBS’s Environmental Policy.
- to their Health and Safety responsibilities to ensure their contribution to a safe and secure working environment for staff, students, and other visitors to the campus.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned.