Curriculum Administration Officer
Location: Bury, Greater Manchester
Salary: Scale 4/5 £21,248 - £26,598 pa
Expiry date: 13/04/2023
Contract Length: Permanent
About This Position
Bury College is welcoming applications for a Curriculum Administrator to provide high quality administrative support to our Adult Provision and HE Directorate on a full time - Permanent basis.
The ideal candidate would be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Information Systems and have experience of dealing with a range of people on the telephone and face to face.
Duties will include but not limit to
- Supporting the Curriculum Director in the day to day running of the Curriculum area.
- Monitoring MIS information relating to achievement, retention and attendance and providing support to the Curriculum Director with the preparation of Curriculum Reviews including collating data, chasing achievements and preparation for meetings and diary management.
- Assist curriculum staff with the retrieval of information regarding student records and attendance, attend curriculum meetings, circulate minutes and assist with the organisation of cross college activities.
- Liaise with HR to ensure procedures are followed with regards to the booking of agency staff.
- Support the Curriculum Director/Heads of Curriculum with applications for professional courses, obtaining references, organising interviews and open evenings.
- Provide first line of contact for any visitors and offer hospitality as appropriate.
- A good general standard of education including Maths and English Grade A\*-C (or equivalent) or Level 2 Literacy and Numeracy - Essential
- NVQ Level 3 in Business Administration or equivalent (or a willingness to work towards gaining this qualification) - Essential.
- A Level 2 IT qualification e.g. CLAIT Plus, IBT2 (or a willingness to work towards this)
- 2 + Years Administrative experience in a fast paced environment
- Experience of using Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of College Information Systems - essential.
- Experience of dealing with a range of people on the telephone and face-to-face in a high volume, fast paced work environment.
Bury College is committed to ensuring equality of opportunity, celebrating diversity, safeguarding its learners and expects all staff to share these commitments.
We are a friendly, forward-looking college where staff are valued and supported to achieve their potential. You will have access to a free on-site gym, all weather football pitches, on site nursery, generous annual leave entitlement and a cycle to work scheme.
Please note that new guidance in Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022 requires us to carry out an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted candidates. This to enable us to identify any incidents or issues which have happened and are publicly available online which we might want to explore at interview. Once shortlisting has taken place, this search will be carried out for all candidates who will attend an interview