HIT Training is the leading specialist training and apprenticeship provider for the UK’s hospitality and catering industry.
We know (we’ve done the research ourselves!) the positive impact apprenticeships have on:
- Improving an individual's skills and life chances
- Making businesses more efficient
People are at the centre of everything we do; that goes for our own staff as well as those we serve.
Why choose HIT Training?
We make sure you get the best of both worlds. As well as giving you the chance to build lasting relationships within the industry you love, we’ll help you get your work life balance back on track. At HIT, our training team has control over their work schedules, meaning you can fit in those appointments and important events as well as enjoy your weekends and bank holidays.
We know that working with our apprentices is hugely rewarding. Every fortnight, you’ll Zoom into a company update where we love nothing more than sharing inspirational stories about the wonderful achievements of our apprentices. You’ll hear from the directors too on how the company is doing.
We provide training and development opportunities to all staff. We believe in investing in our people so that you get the most from your working life and stick with us. Career progression is what we’re all about.
Just so you know. We’ve made the aspirational Sunday Times ‘Top 100 Best Companies to Work For’ four times, most recently making the top 20 in 2020.
What you’ll do at HIT
Your typical deliverables will include, but are not limited to:
- Shaping the learning experience of your apprentice throughout the duration of their course
- Marketing the organisation and its qualification offering to employers and learners
- Signing learners onto apprenticeships and other qualifications
- Ordering information, advice and guidance and carrying out initial assessments to identify learner needs
- Completing and maintaining all regulatory and financial paperwork
- Regularly visiting learners and their employers at their workplaces or online
- Progressing learners through their qualifications through observation, work product, written evidence, professional discussions and other methods
- Mentoring and coaching learners with varying barriers to learning
- Taking part in continuous professional development, including completion of own qualifications
In order to be successful in this role, you will have:
- 3 years’ experience at Chef De Partie level
- Hands on knowledge of multiple areas of the kitchen, for example fish, meat, vegetable, larder preparation, desserts, bakery, sauces
- Possess or working to a minimum of Level 2 standard in maths and English
- Good IT skills – Working level of knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and other MIS and databases
- Willing to undertake training and Professional Development within the role
A bit more about how we’ll help you
As an Ofsted ‘good’ training provider, we offer a variety of courses and opportunities to help you develop your skills. These include tailored personal development plans, access to qualifications to support you in all areas of your role and mandatory CPD time.
Our Chef Trainers with HIT can expect to receive a competitive starting salary of £22,000 - £27,000 dependant on your skills and experience.
Check out our fantastic, enhanced benefits package too:
- Company events & social hours
- Holiday package tailored to you
- Enhanced sick pay
- Company pension
- Flexible working options
- Medical benefits including a private healthcare cash plan and dental insurance
- Wellness programmes
- Life insurance
We are proud to be a Disability Confident and Living Wage employer as well as active champions of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI).
Feel free to take a peek at our Glassdoor Page too to see our 4.4/5 rating as well as the high approval score for Jill, our very own Managing Director.
If you fancy a chat about the role, or would like to see a copy of the job description, please get in touch - we look forward to getting to know you!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £22,000.00-£27,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- What is your current notice period?
- Please let us know your salary requirements
- Senior Chef: 3 years (required)
- Driving Licence and own vehicle (required)