Tilbury Douglas Construction is a leading UK building, infrastructure, engineering and fit-out company. We deliver vital projects across a range of sectors including health, education, highways, justice, defence, aviation, water and environment.
It is our people who make Tilbury Douglas Construction a success. We believe our inclusive culture encourages new ways of thinking, enabling us to innovate whilst remaining resilient. We value and celebrate all individual differences and look forward to receiving your application. We are currently working towards Investors in Diversity accredited status.
We offer a competitive salary attached to this role and a variety of company benefits also. Please see the benefits section below.
We are looking for a talented Career Development Manager to join our team and take responsibility for the development, implementation and management of the technical, career and professional development agenda across the business.
Location: Birmingham with national travel required
What you will be doing
In this Career Development Manager role, you will work collaboratively with our employees and their managers to create a plan for staff members to develop and further their career with Tilbury Douglas.
You'll own the process for professional accreditations within career paths e.g. with ICE, RICS, CIOB and keep up-to-date with industry developments to support existing and emerging skills for the future. This role will also involve measuring the effectiveness of Performance and Development to ensure alignment to the business needs and ensuring we have a joined-up approach to support the technical training across the business.
Key duties include:
- Create bespoke career and development plans, through working with high potential individuals and their managers.
- Work with and establish relationships with key stakeholders, influencing and coaching to enable cultural change and improved commercial results.
- Deliver innovative and cutting-edge projects to support talent development and succession planning.
- Act as the conduit across all relevant departments including the HRBP and Resourcing, Performance and Development team to lead implementation and change successes for the business.
- Knowledge of the routes to professional membership for Construction related bodies.
What we will need from you
- A learning and development practitioner with proven experience in delivering business wide development initiatives.
- You'll have a passion for developing people and an ability to influence, empower and motivate stakeholders across all levels.
- We're looking for knowledge of the technical training required to drive the technical capabilities of our high performing teams and good knowledge of external trends to ensure value is maintained in the future.
- Previous experience or knowledge of professional development and membership is essential.
- Strong communicators and those who bring a demonstrable ability to influence, coach and build incredible stakeholder relationships are the applicants we seek, alongside the ability to see beyond year 1 - strategic thinking and implementation of innovative concepts bring longer term results that this business is craving.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and results focused.
- Flexible, resilient, adaptable and sees feedback and change as an opportunity.
- Demonstrates a commitment to high standards of performance and continuous improvement.
- Effective organisation and prioritisation skills, managing multiple pieces of work to agreed deadlines.
- Full Driving Licence and happy to travel
We're all about finding potential here at Tilbury Douglas, and transferable skills are always welcome! So even if you don't tick every box, please apply and we can have a chat. We want to hear from candidates from all backgrounds and experiences, and we especially encourage those from under-represented communities to get in touch with us.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Car allowance
- 26 days annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell up to 3 days holiday)
- 3 additional long service days achieved after 3, 7 and 10 years
- Private medical insurance for yourself (with the option to buy family cover)
- Life Assurance
- Defined contribution pension scheme matched up to 8%
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and parental leave
- 2 days volunteering opportunities
- Flexible and Agile working (dependent on your role)
- Employee Assistance Programme – including financial advice and guidance.
- Professional membership fees
- Perks at Work Employee discount scheme offering discounts on a range of categories such as electronics, home appliances, food & groceries, car buying, travel, fitness and more
- Flexible Benefits scheme which includes the opportunity to purchase benefits such as:
- Critical illness insurance (with option to purchase for your partner)
- Dental Insurance
- Travel insurance
- Bike to work scheme
- Retail vouchers/payroll giving/activity pass for top leisure attractions
We look forward to receiving your application!