Bournemouth & Poole College has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Care Assessor with Care Sector backgrounds to join our successful team delivering online nationally recognised qualifications basis.
This post offers flexible remote working from home on a Contract Invoice basis, alongside a supportive, well established delivery team, with payments rewarded on completion of learners, who have successfully achieve their full qualifications (approximately £75 per learner completion). If you have at least 3 years' experience working in the care sector and have your Assessor and Verifiers qualifications, and are motivated and looking to work from home, we would like to hear from you.
At Bournemouth & Poole College our staff are passionate and committed to achieve the very best outcomes for our students – we transform lives. We recognise and value our people as our most important asset in achieving each of the strategic outcomes within our College’s Strategic Plan. We believe it is through our people that an excellent student experience will be delivered, and this will have a positive impact in our local community. We value inclusion and we are committed to the promotion of equality, diversity, and inclusion, ensuring we have a diverse, skilled, and motivated workforce who are empowered and engaged. This makes our College a unique, vibrant and rewarding place to work.
Bournemouth & Poole College
Business, Finance, Travel & Tourism
About the role:
As the Care Assessor, you will ensure that The College's provision of online, work-based qualifications in this area are administered and delivered according to the standards laid down by the awarding bodies and the College. You will also ensure that candidates achieve in a timely fashion, by implementing all the necessary actions during the term of the qualification.
Responsibilities as our Care Assessor will include:
- To organise and carry out on-line support and feedback to learners, in order to perform assessments using recognised assessment methods
- To record assessment decisions and give feedback to learners, and if necessary, arrange for support activities to take place
- To work closely with Internal and External Verifiers to ensure that the quality of the online assessments meets the standards required by the awarding bodies, and the College
- Developing realistic plans for learning and assessment with the candidates and update these as necessary
- Assessing the evidence against performance criteria, ranges and knowledge requirements, to recognise candidates’ achievements
- Giving constructive feedback to candidates and keeping appropriate records
- Reviewing candidate progress throughout the term of the qualification and inform management of any concerns that may affect the outcome
- Ensuring that there is open access to the assessment process, and that there is equality of opportunity to demonstrate competence
- Ensuring that candidates are aware of the College’s appeals procedures, and participate in appeals as required
- Participating in any training appropriate for the role which may require attending internal and external courses
- Assessor Award - Assess Occupational Competence in the Work Environment, A1, D32 and D33
- Level 3 Health and Social Care
- Experience in delivering Level 2 Qualification on eLearning platforms in the Health and Social Care sector
- Experience in Assessing learners in the Health and Social Care sector, or other relevant business sectors
- The ability to build rapport with learners
- The ability to work to flexible work patterns and be well Organised
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Care Assessor role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.