At Aptem we’re passionate about creating solutions that enable our customers to deliver world-class training offerings that support their learners in developing in their chosen careers. Demand for our end-to-end SaaS solutions is ever increasing and we are continuing to expand rapidly as a business. If you’re interested in joining a talented, committed and driven team that is leading the charge in this fast-growing space, then you should apply!
This is an exciting opportunity to play a critical role in supporting the growth of our business by joining our successful sales team. Your role will be to take interested prospects through our consultative sales approach and establish how our market leading solutions can add value to their organisation.
There will be lots of product, industry and sales training along with support from experienced colleagues that will enable you to take advantage of our uncapped commission plan, putting you in control of your earning potential.
At present, most of our sales team work remotely, but we have a London office in Camden with lots of great venues for lunch and regular celebrations! Many of our team are permanently remote and split most of their time between working from home and meeting prospects at their sites. We are happy to be flexible in terms of where in the country you prefer to be based.
For the right candidate, this is a great opportunity to develop your SaaS sales career, work with a fun team and be successful!
Key focus of the role:
To manage and close qualified new business sales opportunities in your assigned target markets, predominantly selling into apprenticeship training providers, colleges and universities.
- Achieving monthly sales target
- Introducing and managing new business sales opportunities covering the current and future Aptem product and service portfolio
- Applying a detailed and consultative sales process with supporting documentation including meeting summaries, proposals and opportunity management sheets
- Performing against clearly defined key performance indicators
- Account research and planning and the ability to build a relevant sales strategy for your assigned accounts
- Sell into assigned accounts
- Achieve performance against clearly defined key performance indicators
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
- Tailor demonstrations and presentations to suit the prospective customer's individual requirements in face-to-face or digital meetings
- Ask the right questions to extract the buyer’s procurement process and accurate timelines for forecasting
- Develop market sector knowledge and keep current on industry issues and initiatives that can be drawn on to engage and position Aptem products and service
- Manage the tasks and timelines for bid completion leaving plenty of time for review
- Prepare bid pitches and demonstrations in line with bid guidelines
Focus on quality
- Qualify sales opportunities in line with ideal customer profile, principally by telephone, email and social media
- Plan own activity to ensure all leads are explored and followed up
- Log all activity in CRM system, actively managing the customer database to ensure information is kept up to date to enable accurate reporting, forecasting and targeted marketing activity to generate new business
- Produce high quality and customised proposals for prospective customers
- Attend events and seminars representing the Aptem product
- Feed into marketing team key messages, challenges and trends seen inside our prospective customer base
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a consultative selling role
- Prior experience selling SaaS products desired
- Strong, professional communication skills across all channels (face-to-face, email, presentations, calls, etc.)
- Experience engaging and managing stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Bonus points for a good understanding of the vocational training market
Aptem are pioneers in developing technology solutions for the vocational training, further education and welfare to work sectors.
Our mission is to create innovations that unleash new levels of efficiency, productivity and personal growth – something that we have been achieving since 2009.
Our commitment to quality has been recognised time and again by our customers, award wins, ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 accreditations, and Cyber Essentials Plus certification.