The Manchester College is the Largest Further Education College in the United Kingdom and the largest single provider of 16-19, adult and higher education in Greater Manchester. We are also part of the LTE group of companies that consist of MOL, Total People, UCEN and LTE group operations. We currently support more than 25% of Greater Manchester’s learning provision and are currently Rated “Good” by Ofsted. We have recently received the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for our contributions to Further Education and continue to strive to achieve the best possible learning experience for our students. We always place the highest importance of focusing on every individual to achieve the best possible outcomes for our students.
Our exciting estates strategy is also now coming to fruition with our new state of the art campus’ in central Manchester alongside the newly developed industry standard learning facilities at our Openshaw, Wythenshawe and Harpurhey Campuses. Our focus is to develop careers to support a work-ready Greater Manchester and creating greater opportunities in the heart of our city whilst leading the way in education.
Our vision is to be ‘the leading college for progression and employability.’ To achieve this, we understand that our student experience is key to grow and sustain our student population. Therefore, we have an opportunity for senior FE professionals with a strong background and extensive knowledge of working within student recruitment within a College/School/Sixth form environment to come and join our team as the Assistant Principal of Recruitment and Admissions. This role will sit within our College Leadership team and will be based at our City Centre Campus in Manchester. This role reports to the Assistant Principal in the management and operation of the Department. This role is responsible for the direct line management of a team who will develop and execute our student recruitment strategy. You will be the driving force in supporting the Manchester College to achieve its mission of supporting the Greater Manchester Economy to develop the brighter minds of the future.
The Role Responsibilities
As the Assistant Principal for Recruitment and Admissions you will be responsible for the following:
- Leading on ongoing development of the School Liaison Team to serve the needs of all students (Prospective and current) and to support curriculum departments in achieving their targets including (but not limited to) recruitment, positive destinations/progression, and income.
- Actively working with the Assistant Principal for CEPS and the Head of Marketing to develop joint initiatives to provide career and learning advice to schools and sixth forms and promote the Manchester College and appropriate LTE group partners as a pathway into education FE, HE and Apprenticeships.
- To engage and build relationships with deputy head teachers and other key stake holders by attending relevant cross borough meetings/forums to ensure the college is a key influencer in discussions.
- Monitor and support promotional events, open days and enrolment within the College, schools and the wider community to support achievement of enquiries/application/enrolment targets.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
To be successful in your application you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Teaching qualification
- Management qualification at L5 or above and/broad experience as a senior manager
- A Strong background in leading and driving Student Recruitment for a large Education organisation.
The Manchester College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming application from all sections of the community. See our Equality and Diversity report 2020/2021
If you feel you could make a difference in this rewarding and growing sector
What you will receive in return:
Candidates successful in the role will receive a Salary of £61,442.96 - £68,395.30. This will be subject to your level of experience and qualifications.
In return for your commitment to us we will also offer:
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- 35 days of Holidays plus 8 Bank holidays.
- Retail Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cycle to work scheme
- Simply Health scheme care vouchers
The end date for this job advert is 06/04/2023. If you wish to discuss the role in more detail, please get in touch with Ed Lack (edlack at ltegroup.co.uk) or Rachel Curry (rcurry at tmc.ac.uk) for a confidential chat.