Bournemouth & Poole College has an opportunity for experienced Assessor Trainer in Hospitality & Catering to join our successful team on a full time basis. In return you will earn a competitive salary of £24,095-£26,749 per annum.
At Bournemouth & Poole College our staff are passionate and committed to achieve the very best outcomes for our students – we transform lives. We recognise and value our people as our most important asset in achieving each of the strategic outcomes within our College’s Strategic Plan.
We believe it is through our people that an excellent student experience will be delivered, and this will have a positive impact in our local community. We value inclusion and we are committed to the promotion of equality, diversity, and inclusion, ensuring we have a diverse, skilled, and motivated workforce who are empowered and engaged. This makes our College a unique, vibrant and rewarding place to work.
Bournemouth & Poole College
Service Industries, Business, Digital & Public Services
Contracted working hours
The Assessor Trainer in Hospitality & Catering Role
You will need to have extensive vocational experience, preferentially in a supervisory culinary role and manage, review, assess and train a caseload of learners who are based in the workplace and are currently undertaking any type of work-based learning. You will ensure that the success rates of learners are at or above the level set by the College.
You will ensure that outstanding levels of customer service are delivered to local employers and Royal Academy of Culinary Arts sponsors. This includes organising work based placements for Apprentices on the Specialised Chefs Scholarship with appropriate RACA employers and placing local Apprentices in hospitality establishments. The role will include the organising of banquets and functions to facilitate events such as anniversary celebrations and graduation ceremonies.
Responsibilities as our Assessor Trainer in Hospitality & Catering will include:
- To train and assess learners’ progress and maintain records of assessments of learning carried out.
- To support employers in the correct choice of Standard and develop a learning and development plan for their apprentices
- Maintain accurate records of learner assessments and achievements via an e-portfolio platform.
- Efficient record keeping, tracking using the systems provided and stipulated by the College and report agreed targets in a timely manner against deadlines
- Effective delivery of work-based assessment of Apprenticeships, monitoring and target setting within the area of competence.
- Deliver workshops, one to one instruction and/or training sessions relating to knowledge, skills and behaviour development and to assess candidates in the workplace.
- Conduct assessment, evaluation and progress reviews as appropriate, both inside the College and in the workplace.
- Provide regular and purposeful reports to employers, apprentices, learners and the College so that there is a clear plan of action
- Provide information, advice and guidance throughout the learner’s qualification
- Maintaining approved work placements with employers able to support learners on the Apprenticeship programme(s) within existing business.
- Ensuring employers participate in the Apprentice’s workplace training, reviews and are involved in work-based assessment activities in accordance with the Skills Funding Agency.
- Assisting the co-ordination of College based activities associated with the programme
As our Assessor Trainer in Hospitality & Catering you will need:
- Up to date knowledge of the practices and procedures in Hotels, restaurants and high quality establishments within the Hospitality sector.
- Willingness to liaise with industry leading professionals.
- At least five years’ background of working with prestigious Hospitality and Catering establishments including professional cookery experience.
- Hospitality and Catering Professional qualifications to Level 2 and Level 3
- Current driving license and access to a vehicle.
Benefits will include:
As a member of support staff at Bournemouth & Poole College you can expect to receive a market rate salary and excellent benefits including:
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 after 5 years' service with the College
- up to 4 days leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
Closing Date – 29/08/2022
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Assessor Trainer in Hospitality & Catering role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.