Help get better trained personnel to the front line faster
Project Selborne is a Transformational Training programme with a strategic goal of modernising Royal Navy training to deliver "better trained sailors to the front line faster".
As a subject matter expert you will support apprentices in the Royal Navy.
Coordinating on programme activities for Apprentices, supporting learners through to their timely completion. Maintaining effective collaborative stakeholder relationships putting the learner success at the heart of everything you do. What you'll be doing:
- Providing apprenticeship programme inductions, progress reviews, training delivery and support services.
- Working collaboratively with internal and external organisations to facilitate the timely delivery of any qualifications where mandated within the apprenticeship programme.
- Ensuring all progress reviews, observations, communications, and other information regarding the apprentices are uploaded onto the Management Information System.
- Being responsible for the duty of care of trainees under your control.
- Providing Apprenticeship/award Programme support services for the wider Apprenticeship output requirements and measurement.
What we're looking for:
- Assessing/mentoring experience
- Engineering experience is essential (mechanical/electrical engineering)
- Flexible with overnight stays
- Ex-military would be an advantage
- Driving license
- Good communication both verbal and written
- Good IT skills including adaptable to inhouse databases
About Project Selborne
Project Selborne is a wide scale, 12 year transformation of Royal Navy Training. The contract worth GBP 1 billion was awarded in December 2020 to a consortium led by Capita to deliver and modernise training for the RN. The consortia of partners known as Team Fisher includes Raytheon UK, Elbit Systems UK, Fujitsu and University of Lincoln together with 14 other UK-based suppliers.
Our 'one team' philosophy is about collaboration and openness, key to the success of this programme.
We are looking for people with the talent and experience who can help shape better outcomes for our customers. We are using our expertise in digital transformation to review service design, modernise courses and deploy cutting edge technology to enhance courses including synthetic training (simulator) systems and data analytics. This programme is a shared endeavour working alongside the Royal Navy's Training Management Group (TMG) as a single integrated team. Together, we will address challenges and collectively improve outcomes for sailors and marines at scale across the naval enterprise - something we are proud to be part of over the coming years
What's in it for you?
- Offering a salary of £30,000 - £32,000 depending on experience
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks...and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- Free parking onsite
- Excellent facilities including canteen and gym
- Joining existing team
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
Please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
We're an equal opportunity and Disability Confident employer, which means we recruit and develop people based on their merit and passion. We're committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and working environment for everyone. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format (such as large print or audio), or if you'd like to discuss other changes or support you might need going forward, please email Iqbal at email@example.com or call 07784 237318 and we'll get back to you. For more information about equal opportunities and process adjustments, please visit the Capita Careers website.