RM is the leading supplier of technology and resources to the education sector, supporting schools, teachers and learners, enabling the improvement of educational outcomes worldwide. We work across the industry from pre-school to higher education and professional qualification, our customers include schools, examination boards, central governments and other professional institutions. We have a clear purpose to enrich the lives of learners worldwide.
Join RM and Learn What’s Possible for you in your career
What We Can Offer You
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- 25 Days Annual Leave (with an option to buy an extra days)
- Performance related bonus scheme
What's the purpose of the role?
The Assessment Service Consultant is responsible for the organisation and delivery of the operational services for one or more customers, as a member of the Assessment Service Management Team. It is a customer facing role and will require liaising with both operational counterparts within customer and supplier organisations, and when appropriate senior customer and supplier stakeholders.
The role is focused on successfully owning and managing the delivery of the operational services for live exams of pilot exams. The Service Delivery Co-Ordinator is responsible for the delivery of an examination session or service from planning through to full reconciliation of all exam responses before results issue, to ensure the marks always go to the correct candidate. Therefore, the role comes with a significant level of responsibility in these high stakes services.
The role will involve managing the service to our customers in a matrix managed environment, co-ordinating activities across a number of functions and teams, managing the reporting required and delivering the service to contractual commitments. For example, the Service Delivery Co-Ordinator will have an operational relationship with their customers and manage the reports and operational service for them, even though the commercial aspects are owned by the Customer Relationship Manager. Similarly, the Service Delivery Co-Ordinator will need to ensure all supplier tasks are completed in accordance with agreed service levels and timescales and when appropriate escalating to the Supplier Management team.
You will work closely with our Customer Relationship Managers to constantly evolve and improve the service we provide, to achieve this you will need both a process and customer/supplier orientated background.
What does the job entail?
- Responsible for the delivery of the eAssessment / eMarking service from planning through to reconciliation to closure including input into service-based risk management.
- Managing targeted testing for your customer(s), internal RM service readiness planning and ensuring customer readiness plans are complete.
- You will be responsible for managing the service, with key milestones clearly identified and progress tracked.
- Using matrix management, you will need to influence resources outside of your immediate team.
- Support the system users by overseeing the escalation of queries, via investigation and interaction with internal teams or third-party suppliers.
- Oversee the delivery of a consistently high-quality service ensuring all activities that are required are completed within the agreed timelines (e.g. quality checks, reconciliation activities, incident tickets, service requests).
- Be the first point of operational contact with the customer. This will involve ad hoc requests, updates, and initial escalations, as well as contribution to the internal risk and issues register. Deliver a high level of customer care, providing regular updates and resolving any issues in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for the performance of your customer’s service against operational level agreements and contractual service level agreements and act on under-performance. Provide regular feedback to the internal customer team and assist in the production of and review the operational SLA report for your customer.
- Analyse performance to identify CSI opportunities.
- Responsible for internal process improvement activities for your customer(s) and / or team (continual improvement) and contribute to strategic improvement activities.
- Deliver the internal Continual Improvement processes for your customer(s). This should include input from all teams (i.e. Helpdesk, Assessment Service Delivery, Application Support, Solution Architects, Technical Operations & Customer Relationship Managers).
- Contribute to new service introductions across Operations to ensure best practice across customers.
- Be responsible for the maintenance and delivery of the Continual Service Improvement Plan for your customer(s), liaising with the wider operations teams, Customer Relationship Managers, Solution Architect and Development teams when appropriate.
What are we looking for?
- 2 years working experience in a customer facing delivery role
- Experienced in the delivery of large-scale operations and time critical services
- Experience of working with and reporting on KPIs, SLAs and OLAs
- Ability to be self-reliant, work under presser and prioritise workloads
- Demonstrable ability to deliver results meeting KPIs, SLAs and OLAs
- Ability to maintain quality output whilst demonstrating flexibility to changing demands and priorities in a high paced environment
- Demonstrable ability to identify and deliver improvements to products and / or services
- Ability to make informed decisions that directly affects business performance. Displaying good judgement in balancing the needs of the customer and RM
- Excellent written and verbal communication with strong active listening and influencing skills
- Develops reliable professional customer relationships and positions themselves as the operational day to day contact for their customer.
- Demonstrates a commitment to delivering their customer needs.
- Knowledge of service or project management methodologies (e.g. ITIL, PRINCE) would be an advantage
- Industry experience of using MS Excel (vlookups and pivot tables)
- Knowledge of working in a business to business environment
- An appreciation of how a complex operation is managed
What's in it for you?
As well as a competitive salary, you could earn a performance related bonus and you would receive our core benefits package which includes private medical healthcare, life assurance and a Group Personal Pension Plan with higher contribution levels available.
There are lots of voluntary benefits too. You could buy additional annual leave, join our dental plan, sign for a health assessment or take part in our cycle to work scheme. You could even earn yourself an extra bonus for successfully recommending a friend or family member for a position within RM.
At RM we are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive and flexible workplace where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.
At RM we recently introduced My Work Blend @RM which provides office-based colleagues with multi location and hybrid working. As well as your office base you can spend a proportion of your time working at other locations that suit your role and your life, including home, other offices, customer sites, distribution centres or on the move. We encourage you to discuss arrangements for this role with your potential line manager during the recruitment process. We expect how we make best use of hybrid working may continue to adapt as we adjust to our new ways of working.