We are Multiverse, a tech scaleup with a social mission. We’re creating a diverse group of future leaders by building an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training, through the power of professional apprenticeships.
We’re one of the fastest-growing businesses in Europe and rapidly expanding in North America, working with over 500 clients including McKinsey & Co, Morgan Stanley, Verizon and Visa. In June 2022, we broke the EdTech funding record (again!) by announcing our $220m Series D, making Multiverse the UK’s first ever EdTech unicorn.
Join us on our journey to democratising access to the best careers and learning opportunities.
About the Job:
You will be working in a supportive, friendly and collaborative team, at the intersection between data & Insights, learning and product technology. You will sit in the Assessment and Credentials team, helping to disrupt traditional models of education through designing inclusive authentic assessments and automating apprentice progress tracking to deliver personalised interventions at scale. In your role, you will design, validate and lead assessment experiments that test an apprentices proficiency in knowledge, skills and behaviours. In this role you will need to be a self-starter, showing initiative, working with cross functional stakeholders and managing priorities to solve problems, escalate issues and make decisions.
What You’ll Do:
- Design knowledge and skill-based assessments based on programme competency frameworks
- Translate Assessment For Learning (AFL) methodology into practical assessment methods that can be implemented at scale
- Constantly validate and iterate assessments to increase accuracy and validity
- Develop a diversity-first approach to inclusive and authentic assessment
- Lead experiments on how to visualise assessment data to apprentices, coaches, and clients to drive product renewability and ROI
- Analyse assessment data to ensure equitable outcomes across programmes
- Actively collaborate with a team of learning designers, product managers, coaches and data specialists to implement assessment ideas and track the data to inform apprentice interventions
- Influence the product technology roadmap to ensure assessment principles are reflected in the Multiverse learning platform
What will you bring:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Academic or commercial background in assessment design
- Experience working with competency frameworks
- Experience developing and validating knowledge and skill-based assessments
- You have a passion for diversity and inclusion and genuinely want to make a difference
- Ability to complete critical processes with a high degree of accuracy at pace
- Creative problem solving skills and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Great at building relationships and trust with people quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Passionate about processes and getting tasks done
- You are a problem solver and can work under pressure
- Time off - 27 days holiday, plus 6 additional days off: 1 life event day, 1 volunteer day and 4 company-wide wellbeing days
- Health & wellbeing - private medical Insurance with Bupa, a medical cashback scheme, life insurance, and access to Spill - all in one mental health support
- Hybrid & remote working - monthly visits to the London office
- Equity - every Multiverse has ownership in the business through equity options
- Team fun - weekly socials and regular offsite events
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We’re an equal opportunities employer. And proud of it. Every applicant and employee is afforded the same opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. This will never change.
Right to work
Do you have the right to work in the UK? Unfortunately, at this time we cannot offer sponsorship for this role and we cannot consider overseas applications.
All posts in Multiverse involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding. Successful applicants are required to complete a Disclosure Form from the Disclosure and Barring Service ("DBS") for the position. Failure to declare any convictions (that are not subject to DBS filtering) may disqualify a candidate for appointment or result in summary dismissal if the discrepancy comes to light subsequently.