Job Title: Apprenticeships Contract & Compliance Manager
Location: Hybrid, 1-2 per week on campus
Salary: £45,000 – £55,000 plus 30% bonus potential. OTE £58,500 - £71,500
Type: Full Time Permanent
Working on behalf of a leading Grade 2 training provider, the role will involve ensuring that funding contracts are fulfilled and internal processes, audits and checks are in place. This includes accurate and timely completion of the ILR return and error management.
You will have responsibility for all policies and processes making sure they are up-to-date and fit for purpose within the relevant funding rules. At present there are no direct reports in the role, but within a short timeframe you will be looking after the funding, data and compliance team. This role reports into the Head of Quality.
This training provider is growing, with a clear and specialist market proposition.
They’re quality focused with excellent support and resources. There is access to regular CPD and they invest in your own development.
The role would be hybrid working. The candidate will be working from any one of campuses once or twice a week (London - multiple, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester).
- Manage the Contracts to ensure contract delivery within the remit of funding requirements, technical specifications, and Apprenticeship Service
- Undertake internal audit activity to ensure compliance to organisational guidelines and specific requirements of funders
- Maintain effective relationship with funding agencies
- Deliver an agreed escalation procedures in place for identifying and handling issues with funders, employer, subcontracted provision, and internal delivery teams
- Manage and control contractual income and costs to agreed budgets
- Manage the Contracts to the agreed output levels and/or volumes and to an appropriate and agreed level of quality
- Develop appropriate methods of communication for internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure all contractual documentation meets the standards required by internal and external inspection bodies and delivered in line with contractual requirements and roll out to internal staff
- Deliver agreed Management reporting, including monthly summary and profiling
- Undertake assurance testing on processes and transactions, audit control
- Ensure Roles and Responsibilities with internal delivery teams are clear and maintained, with internal and external delivery teams being briefed on contractual requirements
- Manage a contract change control process ensuring any changes to any agreements are in writing and endorsed by all relevant parties
- Manage subcontracting relationships to ensure contract compliance and smooth exit transition
- Develop Standards and procedures to understand and Identify targets for continuous improvements and develop methods to deliver plans to achieve those improvements
- Identify, monitor, and manage risk associated with contracts and ensuring appropriate business controls, continuity and contingency plans are in place
- Ensure all funders milestones and criteria are met through the academic year
- Manage reconciliation with levy and non-levy employers
- Contribute towards planning, budgeting and policy development
- Oversee awarding body registrations and EPA process
- Demonstrable full understanding of apprenticeship funding in England with a history of implementing process to resolve any issues found
- Experience in the financial management of large contracts
- Experience of working with auditors and providing information whilst working to
- ILR process and completions/error resolution
- Knowledge of funders portals and reporting systems
- Experience of leading a team in a government funded compliance environment
- Management qualification
- Knowledge of apprenticeship delivery in an ITP setting
If you feel that you fit the above criteria, please don’t hesitate to apply here today! This role will be subject to background verification checks including right to work, referencing and police checks. Further details can be shared on application or request.